Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio Stolen!!

Options
  • 28-08-2006 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

My car was broken into on Saturday night and my CD player and CD's were robbed!!:mad: Some F***er threw a rock in the window!

I was out on Saturday night, so I said I'd do the good thing and leave the car parked up for the night in the pub car park. Is this what I get for doing the good thing and not drink driving??:mad:

Anyone know any good web sites where I can get a CD player with a USB port?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ebay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

I was just looking for the same and I found 1 or 2 models in the Argos catalogue that would do nicely. I think they were around €150. They have a usb port on the front.

Nothing worse than having your radio stolen. Had mine nicked once but the f*ckers managed to open the door by fiddling with the barrel. They even locked the door after them. How thoughtful. Could have been worse I suppose, luckily no windows smashed.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I didn't know people even stole radios any more, because they're quite cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

steve06 wrote:
    I didn't know people even stole radios any more, because they're quite cheap now.
    because it is 90 quid they could spend on drink and drugs otherwise.

One of the reasons why I still have a tape deck in my car is because of this - no-one would want to steal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

steve06 wrote:

Thats what I had thought too untill I came out one morning and found my door pillar bent out.

• Advertisement

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

mloc123 wrote:
    Thats what I had thought too untill I came out one morning and found my door pillar bent out.
    Ah no way! Does your car have an alarm? Was it the 206?
    I take the front off mine every night, the scumbags around my area I'm not takin my chances. Over the weekend, all the dust caps from our 3 cars were stolen, including two of my supposed locking ones!

That was back when I had the clio, must be over a year ago now. Pity tho because it was a nice touch panel Panasonic one.

The 206 has... an alarm, imobiliser, dead-locks and security glass :D

Still even with that I'm sure some scumbag would have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Drax wrote:
    I was just looking for the same and I found 1 or 2 models in the Argos catalogue that would do nicely. I think they were around €150. They have a usb port on the front.

Nothing worse than having your radio stolen. Had mine nicked once but the f*ckers managed to open the door by fiddling with the barrel. They even locked the door after them. How thoughtful. Could have been worse I suppose, luckily no windows smashed.

Good luck!

Ya, I tried Argos but they are all sold out. By they way, the black Panasonic one that says it has a USB port, doesn't actually have a USB port! I bought it yesterday and returned it 10 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

www.incarexpress.co.uk will be cheaper and have a better range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Halfords have some with USB's, find they're usually cheaper than Argos, and have free fitting if you buy anything but the cheapies.(IIRC)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Dilbert75 wrote:
    I'll second that. Used them in the past and no problems with delivery or costs.

www.caraudiodirect.com might be worth a look also.

www.besecure2000.ie if you want an Irish based shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

thumbs up for incarexpress - i'm expecting my new pioneer stuff from them to arrive tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Dilbert75 wrote:

Linky no worky......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

try www.pixmania.com recently had to replace the missus' stereo after some **** stole hers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Baldie wrote:
    Linky no worky......

Works for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Baldie wrote:
    Linky no worky......

Linky worky finey herey :D

Advertisement