Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies for Electric picnic

• 28-08-2006 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Just wonder does anyone know where i can get a pair of wellies for this weekend? Any one know what shops still stock them??
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mikedean

I am also considering buying wellies tho I am not sure how fashionable they are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Try ALDI, LIDL or Buckleys builders providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

I got mine in Waterford but in Dublin have seen them in Office. Also, if you have small feet - I got ones in Dunnes last year for dirt cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

I meant to say kids ones in dunnes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

please please please get the proper farmer's wellies.
    last year, people with the fashion ones were just crippled which just defeated the purpose of wearing wellies.
    beware:
    cheap ones will split if put under to much welllie weather
    wear socks that WILL NOT SLIP down
    anyone that i know that wore wellies will never do it again (but they were the fashion ones!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

I was in a camping shop on Mary St today called ramblers Way and they have stripy wellies, not sure how much they were though, they were pretty nice!

I'm on the lookout for waterproof gear/ Raincoat (with a hood) for Electric picnic
    Not the usual navy or bottle green kinda things though.
    I have in my head an old granny type of raincoat, clear or bright coloured PVC.
    I haven't been able to find anything yet,
    Does anyone know where i could find something.
    any suggestions much appreciated!

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Woodies stock the green traditional looking wellies

For fashion wellies - try this irish website: www.welly4u.ie
    They take up to 2 days to deliver in Ireland... so it's not too late to get an order in for the Electric Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 learoy

Thank you for all the replies.
    I bought a kids pair in dunnes for 12€, they do up to size 5 if any body else is looking for them. Shoe zone stock adult size ones.

Thanks again
    learoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

I was thinkin of bringing my old green wellies to electric picnic. Might just wear my old flat seude boots though. they look a bit better and well i can wear them with two pairs of socks and that should keep my feet dry! It cant rain all weekend can it?
    Really want to get some funky wet gear though. nice rain jacket . anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

the spirit of rock and roll is well and truly dead today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not exactly a rock n roll type festival.....

New look had a great range last year , not sure about this year tough but they were gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

colm_mcm wrote:
    It's not exactly a rock n roll type festival.....

i see that now...

Advertisement