Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fusty smelling walls

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Redecorating room.
    Walls in bad condition (bumpy, etc) so room has always been papered.
    Stripped paper yesterday.
    Hoping to repaper this week.

However, some of the paper smelt pretty fusty when it was taken off yesterday. (The paper was on for over 10 years though)

Now, my room has no serious signs of dampness or anything, in fact, a lot was done years ago to prevent this, paper never falls off or anything, so I don't think I need to do anything for damp.

On occasion, you can get a small bit of a fusty smell in the room, so my question is this:-

Is there any sort of a chemical that you can get to paint onto the wall before I paper it, to prevent this?

Now, it isn't a big problem at all, but if something like this did exist, I may as well do it now when I've the paper off, as I don't intend on papering it again for quite some time!!!!

Thanks.

Advertisement