Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival of world cultures.

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to try and get to Dun Laoghaire to see this, but alas, I never made it.
    Did any boardsies make it up? What was it like? Did you see anything particularly good and would you recommend it for next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I was there on Friday.
    It wasn't all that good, don't think you missed too much.
    There were lots of stalls selling stuff from all foreign countries, pubs + clubs were full and there was a big wheel and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours. I think this forum is better suited for the topic.

I was at the festival on Sunday OP. It was brilliant craic. The food there was absolutely amazing, and the final act - some Brazilian drumming band were out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

sjones wrote:
    the final act - some Brazilian drumming band were out of this world.

Ahh there was none of that on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I saw the North Strand Klezmer band on Saturday night. Good Jewish music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Was there on Saturday, wasn't too bad. Didn't get any food though :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Kwekubo wrote:
    Was there on Saturday, wasn't too bad. Didn't get any food though :mad:

I queued for 30 minutes to get Mexican food, only to spill it all over my jeans. I'm a disaster! hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I thought it was good. Got into a recording with RTE of a Brazilian woman.. she was excellent. Also got a pie from the pie stall down in the carpark and got to try the freebies from everywhere.
    Can't believe there were people swimming in the harbour! It was freezing down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

did anyone see the austrailian guitarist play? not too sure what his name is, think it begins with a 'b'. anyway, he was something else.

Advertisement