Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used the Eagle Studio on the top of Capel Street

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

The Eagle studio on the top of Capel Street is very close to where I live and I was wondering if anyone had used them? The guy seems to be around for a long time but is he any good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Why don't you go in and ask him to have a look at his portfolio? Any decent artist should be obliging and answer any questions you have.

I understand that you're looking for other people's experiences though, but going in and having a chat would be a good start. At the end of the day it's you it has to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I really wanted some feedback from people who have used him. No tatoo parlour is going to put their ****ups in their portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I did say I understand that, I was just suggesting you go in and have a chat to try and guage what kind of guy he is in the meantime. If he sounds at all dodgy you'd instantly know to steer well clear. If not, the coast would be clear for pursuing the matter further...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I've heard different things, certainly someone who should be able to do oldschool well, as far as I know he goes way back and was the first or second studio in the city, Bren being the other who used to be above the camera shop on talbot st.

Have a look at the portfolio first then go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

johnny eagles is the first tattoo shop in dublin!!!
    ive heard good things!!!
    infact i go to celestial ring and i was talking to mark(who is class at tattoos)
    and he said that dublin has a good collection of tattoo artists and shops and that the only place he knew of as being **** was some hole called the mint!!!
    and a guy in work has had stuff done in the mint....
    OH JAYSUS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I went in and had a look today at the stuff on the walls, if that's their best, I wouldn't like to see the Fcuk ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have had Tattoo's done by Johnny Eagle senior ( don't know he's still alive) and Johnny Junior and a guy who used to work in there called Alan who now owns the Mint, have to say the two Johnny's were class Oldschool/Sailor type Tattooists and Alan in the Mint was excellent at Mythological/Egyptian type stuff and Voodoo type stuff, I've personally never met or spoken anybody who had had a fukc up by Alan in the Mint as for Johnny Eagles I don't even know who's Tattooing in there anymore so it's unfair of me to judge without knowing.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

uch wrote:
    Have had Tattoo's done by Johnny Eagle senior ( don't know he's still alive) and Johnny Junior and a guy who used to work in there called Alan who now owns the Mint, have to say the two Johnny's were class Oldschool/Sailor type Tattooists and Alan in the Mint was excellent at Mythological/Egyptian type stuff and Voodoo type stuff, I've personally never met or spoken anybody who had had a fukc up by Alan in the Mint as for Johnny Eagles I don't even know who's Tattooing in there anymore so it's unfair of me to judge without knowing.

To be honest I don't think you know what you're talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr.Bolickoff

Ag marbh wrote:
    Why should you say this without giving examples, I too have had work done in this place and I think it is fine, if I'm not mistaked this guy used to have a studio about fifteen years ago in Sansom's lane beside the Ilac centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ag marbh wrote:

I'm speaking from personal experience here dickhead not me ar$e like yourself, if you read the post you'd see that.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

johnny senior as far as i know kicked it..
    johnny juniour doest do muct tattooing anymore as far as i know.. havent seen him in a bit, the shop off mary's st was sold to someone else..

ohh.. and johnny used to own the mint.. its closed down now, his new shop is next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I think the one ye are talking about is called "Wild Eagle" on Mary St? Guy called Aaron runs it, I think he's a relation of Johnny...

Aaron done my last tattoo and my g/f's last tattoo..... I'd recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

aaron is gone months now as far as i know..
    yea im talking about the one of marys st down the lane, its gone.. they opened a new shop, im not 100% sure of the location, ontop of the old shop down marys lane theres another shop after opening about 6 or 7 months ago i think.. im not sure if its still there...
    but your right.. aaron was a robot when it came to tattoos.. hes amazing.. if only you could have seen his paintings.. the first one i seen was in johnny eagles house. was kinda mythalogical, i big bookcase with a window in tha backround, a chair and a few other things like a skull or something.. i cant remember the detail 2 much but i remember said to myself.. "i wonder if they would notice if i nicked it" heheh so i asked em who did it and they told me aaron.. mary introduced me to him one day.. he was like a mad scientist with the hair.. and sure enough he was painting away. the mans an animal.

Advertisement