Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman stabbed on Saturday afternoon?

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything about this? Worrying to think that the number of day time assualts and stabbings are increasing, heard there was a person stabbed in Galway Shopping Centre on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back. What can the Gardai do to stop the increase?

"Gardaí are investigating an incident in which a woman in her 40s was stabbed in daylight hours on Francis Street in Galway city on Saturday.

It happened following an argument between the woman and a man in front of dozens of shoppers."
    (irishexaminer.com)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Just what you quoted,she was meant to be in a stable condition in hospital according to paper, not exactly worried myself as both stabbings were related to arguments and fueds between the people involed so I dont think that its a random event or some lone nutter going around stabbing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Getting stabbed over a shopping row would make me uneasy about grabbing the last pint of milk though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Help me out here lads, where is Francis Street?

Yes, I live in Galway but I'm awful with locations :o

What??

Someone was stapped in the Galway Shopping Centre?.. in the actual building?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

cactus jacks is on francis street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

HavoK wrote:
    Help me out here lads, where is Francis Street?

Yes, I live in Galway but I'm awful with locations :o

Francis St = the bottom of Eglinton St, from the crossroads down as far as the traffic lights at the courthouse/ town hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

jabberwock wrote:
    cactus jacks is on francis street

Nah thats on quay st/flood st.I think at one time though they were on Francis Street where The Gaff is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm curious to know if anyone ran over to help her, or tried to stop her assailant?

Surely they were caught on CCTV? Or is that technology soley for the protection of merchants' stocks?

What??

That's what my g/f heard, she lives in the apartments beside it (course she could have been lying to me I suppose).

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

What??

This was a Travellers Feud during a wedding reception at Kates Bar.

• Advertisement

Think it was before that, about 8 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Terrier wrote:
    This was a Travellers Feud during a wedding reception at Kates Bar.

Speaking of that, that was an unholy mess as it was!

Does anyone know exactly when the woman was stabbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

SyxPak wrote:
    Surely they were caught on CCTV? Or is that technology soley for the protection of merchants' stocks?

It doesn't do that either!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

padi89 wrote:
    Nah thats on quay st/flood st.I think at one time though they were on Francis Street where The Gaff is now.

and that was a good few years ago now

Advertisement