Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing Leaves from a Driveway

Options
  • 28-08-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

We recently got our driveway done and put down pebbles. With Autumn approaching, coupled with the fact that there are a large number of trees in our area I am wondering does anyone know of a way of clearing the leaves from the driveway.

When it was tarmacadamed I just went out with a sweeping brush, obviously this is not possible now. The few leaves that have gathered in my driveway the last few weeks I have just picked up by hand. Raking them doesn't seem to seperate them from the stones and I just seem to be moving the stones about. I am thinking of buying a leaf blower, will this work or will it just blow the stones too?

I don't know the name of the type of stones we have, just that they are average size and have an edge on them that is supposed to make them catch on each other and not shift as much.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Hello Linford.
    Raking leaves from a gravel driveway can be done.
    It is of course a skill and takes a while to get the hang of.

For yourself, I suggest you lightly use a leaf blower followed by a quick resettling and relevelling of the gravel with a flat rake.
    Do this on a dry day as you will require less leaf blower revs to shift the leafs, this equals less gravel movement.

Advertisement