Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smooth walls for shower/Wetroom advice?

Options
  • 28-08-2006 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

I'm extending and rebuilding a shower room to make it a wetroom with whb and wc. I have seen a type of board that can be used to cover the walls which is waterproof and I'd like to know if anyone has any experience of this? Or can recommend a supplier? I'd prefer a smooth wall finish to trad tiles.
    Thanks
    SD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

We always use green plasterboard in bathrooms and wetrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he is looking for a finishing board (that's fully water proof and will be in direct contact with water) rather than moisture proof plaster board.

I know you can get water proof panels that also come as part of a full tanking system. Can't remember the name right now but ill have a look about and get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Thats thwe one Mellor,
    I know theres a company in Belfast that manufacture it and I think its stocked in B&Q but I need to find the website to get the specs, no luck with google

Advertisement