Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggy door?

Options
  • 28-08-2006 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭

Hi Pets boardsters,

we have a 12 week old West Highland terrier. All is going great with her but just wanted to pick your collective brains as to whether anyone has come across a doggy door that can be inserted into a double-glazed back patio door so that she can run in and out of the garden/kitchen as she pleases when we're not around?

I am aware that this is a bit of a longshot but on the off chance that any such thing can be bought/made and anyone here knows of where I could get it (we live in Dublin), any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

el S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Hey I found this link to something you fit in between the door and where it locks? Never seen a doggy flap actually cut into glass - we have one in our aluminium back door and it's a god send - house training our latest only took one day before he got the jist. Look at the picture on this page it's like something you slot in to your existing door? Any help?
    Dunno if you get them in Ireland though..
    http://www.petdoors.com/ideal_panel.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Something like this ? I found it on a German website but Staywell is a well-kown brand and available hre too. It says especially for glass sliding doors, glass cutout 260 mm diameter ..
    http://www.zoolala.de/Hunde/Hundetuer/Schmale-Profil-Hundeklappe-KatzenTuer-Hundetuer-Katzenklappe::39.html?XTCsid=0gvt5npotmsqc4pddb8id3cru2
    Maybe the new so-called Maxizoo pet superstore in Ballincollig has something like that or your local petstore can order them in. :)
    HTH,

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

staywell are a good brand,3 year warranty and from experience its a no quibble honour system.
    Now the bummer is this involves getting a new double glazed pane cut to size with the dimensions of the flap , need to talk to a glazier but a friend mentioned €300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Boomtastic

I've just been quoted between €1200 - €1500 to replace our back door with one with a cat flap. :eek:

Someone is taking the piss! (and it's not in the litter tray - boom, boom!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

:eek: Gold-plating included I presume :D
    In that case wouldn't it be easier to cut a hole in the wall and fit the flap into that ... might take a bit longer for the cat to get used to but surely at a fraction of the that price !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement