Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company enforcing rules

Options
  • 28-08-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what's people's experiences of housing management companies enforcing the "house rules" or the "Lease contract" rules.

Can they take you to court for breach of contract? Or what other way have they to enforce the rules?

I'm just wondering how some neighbours seem to break all the rules and nothing is done.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

I depends on the management company and if they're independent from the actual building company.
    In Ongar, Dublin 15, Wallace are the company looking after things. They used to be very poor, did nothing for the place but in the last 3 months have cracked down on lease violations and other things.
    Complaining to them is the best option. My friend lives in the downstairs apt with another apt above and the noise from above was terrible, you could hear everything being moved around. Anyway the landlord in the apt above had put down wooden floors which is against the lease rules and had to pull them up and put down carpets.
    They have also pulled down all the auctioneer signs that have been put up on fences around the entrance to the estate.

Moral of the stoty is you aint going to get anywhere without talking to the troublesome neighbours and pestering the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

I don't think it can be too easy.
    We got a new managmentcompany recently and one of the first things they did was send out a letter to say remove all satellite dishes within a week or we do it and you have to pay for it. Now it's more than 6 months later and the dishes are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

mdebets wrote:
    I don't think it can be too easy.
    We got a new managmentcompany recently and one of the first things they did was send out a letter to say remove all satellite dishes within a week or we do it and you have to pay for it. Now it's more than 6 months later and the dishes are still there.

And if they try to charge you you tell them to fcuk off, simple ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Who ever manages our place seems to being a good job, as people were hanging washing out the front and leaving thier kitchen bins out when it was hot. A family had about 4 cars and only one gate opener and were blocking the electric gates open. They were renting and quickly kicked out.

Now kids are using the gates as a ride and they keep breaking them, so a camera has been put up and you can be sure that it will stop it.

So I guess its down to each company, some seem to give a damn, others just collect money and do minimal effort for it.

As for what powers they have i'm not sure, but if they send out a letter and nothing is done the next step would be a taking it to court, which will be expensive and slow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement