Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Aldi 160GB DVD/HDD

• 28-08-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

What do you reckon about the Aldi 160GB DVD/HDD that is going on Sale on Sunday Sept 4th? Does it represent good value for money (€270)?

Don't really know too much about HDD recorders, but a quick question, what is the interface like that you use to play recorded programmes? As in, if you have 100+ hours of TV recorded, how do you navigate to what programme you want to watch etc?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Diver79

I just bought one on Sunday. I'm not overly impressed with the whole thing, but you get what you pay for.

My two biggest issues are the lack of an Electronic Program Guide and the poor editing features.

Having no EPG means you cannot select the program you want to record, you either use the timer function or wait for the show to start and then record.

Using the timer function is fine, but if you want to be sure that you catch the start of the program its best to start the recording a few minutes earlier just in case. Doing this may mean you get ads at the start of the recording. I assumed I could just edit these out later, but the only editing options you have are edit title or delete.

I understand this can be done if I transfer the recording to a DVD disk and then edit it, but then you cannot transfer DVD's directly on to the recorders hard drive.

The menu interface of the machine is OK. It takes a while to get used to but it works fine. You can only see up to 8 titles per screen, which is a shame as I can see it getting quite hard to find the titles I want once I fill up the disk.

There is also a timeshift feature that is quite impressive (allows you to pause live tv). The recorder does everything it says it does, and at at that price it is a decent purchase once you understand you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newmce

ALDI HDD Problems ?!?

Was lucky enough to get one of these which seemed to sell fast.

A couple of questions from anyone else that may have bought one :

1) Quality from Digital set-top box - Quality seems degraded from STB. Though it could be my leads but switched these around and still the same. Not bad quality but info boxes or sharp edges are jagged. Any similar problems, or maybe it is my leads ? Doesnt seem to be an issue when I turn the unity off and the signal passes through the unit (guess then it shouldn't be the leads)

2) Wanted to run the RF signal out to elsewhere just as a pass-through signal - Can't get a signal, and have tried all set-up options.

Any thoughts before I try technical support.

Otherwise seems to be a good unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

There's a rebranded 160GB philips recorder selling in Power City for €249

Advertisement