Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a King Charles spaniel

Options
  • 28-08-2006 2:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to get a King Charles spaniel puppy, but I've no idea where to look! I don't think I'd consider an grown-up dog, must be a puppy.
    Could somebody give me some pointers here? Also, how much would I be expecting to pay?

I'm in Antrim by the way.

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If I were you I'd contact a breeder from the club for one of them. You should buy the best you can get as there are a lot of poorly bred dogs around as a result of their popularity. A lovely choice for a dog, they have a lovely nature. Good luck with the pup and be sure to post some photos here.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Do make sure you get one from a reputable responsible breeder (the Irish Kennel Club can help), trust me, they can wail like banshees at night unless you are prepared to let them sleep with you etc.
    They form *such* close bonds with their owners it can become a problem, specially if you ever decide to go shopping etc... definitely a case of two dogs being better than one.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Also, you might want to ask your veterinarian (sp?) for a reputable breeder and what signs of good/bad breeders to look for if you're not going to go with a dog from a breed rescue group or look in a shelter--and by the way, they do have puppies from time to time. I would try them first, as the dogs are grateful, their personalities are assessed and they are cheaper than dogs from breeders. I got my dog when she was a puppy, and while there's nothing cuter than a puppy (except two), they are a ton of work, and very time consuming to train. My next dog is going to be an older dog from a shelter--they really deserve good homes and I bet if you ask around, you 'll find lots of purebreds in the shelters, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Folks, thanks for the replies. I've a bundle of time to train it :)
    My last dog died quite recently after a happy 15 years, she was a pom/jac russels cross. I just fancied a KCS, they seem to be good with kids too, which is a plus.

Arcadian, I'll that forum might be everything that I need.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement