Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-mail problem

• 28-08-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum.

Having a problem with e-mail, specifically Outlook Express and a refusal of it to send mail.

My e-mail a/c is with utvinternet.com. I don't use them as my isp, I use a different company. I set the SMTP server to the smtp server of the isp when I joined them 6 months ago. No problems since then.

Last week, I decided to setup OE at work to receive UTV mail rather thabn using their Webmail service. At work, we use Eircom, so I set the smtp server to the eircom one. Logged in to mail, said there were 24 mails to download and it stopped after 3. Tried again - no luck.

Came home and when I tried to send a message on saturday from home, I got a message saying that "Relay Access Denied" or something similar.

Went into the office today and deleted the UTV a/c on OE there, but still no joy.

Any suggestions? I've called UTV and they say they a/c is fine.

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check your POP settings.
    Is your home account connected all the time? Could it have downloaded the other emails?
    Have you set OE (home or work) to leave messages on the server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

spurious wrote:
    Check your POP settings.
    Is your home account connected all the time? Could it have downloaded the other emails?
    Have you set OE (home or work) to leave messages on the server?

POP settings at home haven't been changed - checked them and they're fine.
    I set OE (work) to leave messages on server. OE (home) doesn't leave them on server, 'cos its my main e-mail program - I send and receive my mails from home.

I'm not worried about not being able to get the mails at work. What's bothering me is that I now can no longer SEND any mails from home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hmmm.
    Have you tried deleting your UTV account and re-creating it in OE at home?

I know it's set up correctly and has worked fine for months, but sometimes computers tend to have a life of their own.

spurious wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Have you tried deleting your UTV account and re-creating it in OE at home?

I know it's set up correctly and has worked fine for months, but sometimes computers tend to have a life of their own.

Yep, done all that, to no avail...:(

Deleted it in work also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Make sure the box that says 'My server requires authentication' is checked and in the settings nearby make sure the checkbox 'Use same settings as incoming mail' is also set.

I had that same error 'Relay access denied' and the problem was solved by doing what I said above.

• Advertisement

Got it sorted!!

The address for the smtp server had been changed without my knowledge! Once I adjusted it, everything was hunky dory again!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Advertisement