Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying fees online

Options
  • 28-08-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to pay with a Laser. I enter the 8 digit "card numer" as required and it gives me this buill****: "Invalid length for credit card number".

And there's more:
    "Accommodation Application is currently closed for this session.

Please contact the accommodation office for further details. If you wish to pay rent please click here."

Why thank you, that makes a lot of sense to me. What's that, I can't finish my regestration because you have arbitrarily decided to close the accomodation section? Thank you for making this so painless.

Could they have made a bigger mess of the whole online enrolement/registration process?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd say ring admin, they can always take the number over the phone. Laser isn't something I know too well so i can't help all that much there i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I always thought Laser cards had 16 digits too?!

Yeah so did I, maybe he's entering his a/c number on the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I entered the digits written directly above where "card number" is written on the card itself. I also put in the massive number just in case, but that didn't work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Yeah, I now remember from old jobs I had that most Irish debit card numbers are 18 digits, but can also be 16 or 19 depending on the provider. So if the long number didn't work in SIS I'm stumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You want to put in the long number when paying by Laser, the short card number is pretty useless apart from when dealing with your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RightOn

I thought UCD only accepted credit cards?

I'm clearly wrong though.

It takes money in any form, it's a hussy in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have no idea what's going on. I'm beginning to start feeling like a fresher again.

I shouldn't drink.

Advertisement