Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry City FC vs Paris Saint Germain

• 28-08-2006 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

The Brandywell it is, just annouced. Good to see common sense prevailed. Still a near impossible task for City. Looks like Darren Kelly will have to mark Pauletta :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Gonna cost a good bit of money to get the place ready(press section , extra seats , tv etc) so Derry must really fancy their chances of causing the upset , as there were much cheaper options available) .

Im in a good mood , Derry 1-1 PSG , return leg: PSG 2-2 Derry . Derry progress on away goals and into the group stages .

The realistic part of me says 3-1 to PSG on aggregate but never mind that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

£25 per ticket which is only £77500 in gate receits for the 1st leg. Thought it would be much steeper entry fee. I think moving it to Dublin would result in a crowd of about 8000 but when you take the costs of putting up a team for the night, travel, rent etc into account its not much difference.

Cannot see Derry progressing. This side is just too good. Their attacking potential is excellent. I think Derry's only hop is to attack - they must dictate the game. It will be difficult. I hpe Paddy Mc Court is back for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

seansouth wrote:

Like Ireland's population -25 Im not a Shels fan so wouldnt be on their site.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

PSG only finished 9th last season, let us not forget. Derry can put up a good fight and have a great home record and incredibly strong side, with plenty of height and good technical ability. I'm not expecting a scalp, but I certainly won't be ruling them out.

• Advertisement

finnpark wrote:
    Like Ireland's population -25 Im not a Shels fan so wouldnt be on their site.:D

But you were on the Derry site I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

When Cork City played Nantes in the Intertoto we played them off the park for large patches and should have maybe scored 2/3 as it was we drew 1-1.

And this Derry team is just as good as that Cork team was.

It will be interesting at the Bradywell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

they should put a big screen into celtic park (gaa ground) - and make more money of it.

i dont think it would fall under any rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dissapointed as it rules out me getting to the home leg (a trip to Paris may be on, yet to confirm ;)), happy as it gives Derry the best chace of progression. They are nigh on invincible up there. And we all saw what happened to Gotherburg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

7/1 in the bookeis. Definitly a bit of value there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Wonder will the **** in RTE show this game as they may see it as a "glamour " tie?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wonder will the **** in RTE show this game as they may see it as a "glamour " tie?
    I don't think you even have to ask that question RR, its beyond a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Saw PSG away to Sochaux last night on Setanta's Le Championnat round-up; for all Pauleta's failures on the big international stage, he looks a lethal poacher at club level. I wouldn't give Derry much of a chance, but they could surprise us.

Bateman wrote:
    Saw PSG away to Sochaux last night on Setanta's Le Championnat round-up; for all Pauleta's failures on the big international stage, he looks a lethal poacher at club level. I wouldn't give Derry much of a chance, but they could surprise us.

47 goals in 89 international caps is an incredible record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    47 goals in 89 international caps is an incredible record.

Agreed. Maybe it's poking holes, but a lot were penos, friendlies, and filling his boots against the bottom-tier minnows, and I was more referring to his record in the big televised tournaments every 2 years. He will be a danger though, no doubt about it.

Advertisement