Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who sets repeats?

Options
  • 28-08-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Quick question as to who sets the repeats, I know our lecturer set our Quants exam, will he be setting the repeat exam as well or is it an outsider who does so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I don't have a clue but for Maths I hope to Christ it's the same exam with different numbers. Anyone know if the repeats are made easier at all in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Binomate wrote:
    Anyone know if the repeats are made easier at all in any way?

light a candle and pray for all our sakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It's generally the same people that set the repeats as the summer exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Ok, so now that we have established that the same people set the exam, I think a more important question which has been raised in this thread needs to be answered.....Are they easier??

*blesses himself*:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

The summer and repeat exams are handed into the Exams Section at the same time, by the lecturer. They are not any easier than the summer papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

As vroom vroom said, usually both papers are designed at the same time. The second one is kept as a backup in case there is a leak or any sort of a problem. If there isn't a problem then the second one is used for the repeats so they are equally as difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BC wrote:
    in case there is a leak or any sort of a problem

straight away i thought of that movie "slackers"... genius :D

Advertisement