Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crusierweight fighter ??

Options
  • 28-08-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does anyone know the name of the 5'7 cruiserweight "tyson look-a-like" who fought over the weekend on skysports i think it was from vegas - the commentators were talking about he wanted a move to heavyweight it would be intresting to see how he got on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Gmac wrote:
    Does anyone know the name of the 5'7 cruiserweight "tyson look-a-like" who fought over the weekend on skysports

:confused:

There was no fights from Vegas on Skysports over the weekend that I know of. The last crusierweight fight that was shown on Sky was David Haye v Ismal Abdoul and that was in July.

The only 'Tyson look-a-like' I can think of is James Toney who is fighting Samuel Peter this weekend. Toney was a crusier a few years ago but he is an established heavyweight now. Could this be the guy that you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Skysports showed the Evander Holyfield fight, followed by Paul Williams KO of Shamba Mitchell.

Here was the line up, not sure which Cruiserweight your looking for though as I was flicking back and forward and didn't get to see the full show:

Paul Williams 146½ W Sharmba Mitchell 146½ KO 4 12
    Eddie Chambers 214 W Domonic Jenkins 214 TKO 5 8
    Chris Arreola 241 W Damian Norris 207 TKO 4 8
    Kelvin Davis 205 W Chris Thomas 196 TKO 5 8
    Ty Barnette 134 W Rubin Jacoby 135 KO 1 4
    Maxell Taylor 154 W Oscar Gonzalez 153 UD 4 4

EDIT: Just noticed that Kelvin Davis's nickname is "Lil Tyson".......so I'd imagine its him. You can check he record and up coming fights on box rec:
    http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=019074

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gmac

Cheers for the reply folks, Kelvin Davies is indeed the man and thanks for the link i'll keep a look out for him in the future

Advertisement