Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow response of Boards.ie

Options
  • 28-08-2006 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is the response time to download a page from Boards.ie today :rolleyes: very long. Sometimes, I reckon, I'd have had time to make a cup of coffee between pages. If I did this every time, I'd have severe palpitations by now.!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Now that you mention it it has been slow enough for the last couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Thirded.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

again'd

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Crawling for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Can we not just presume in future that the slowdown is temperary and for the greater good of Boards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

Fifth'ed or whatever. Its been slooooooooooooooow for me for days. Is it just me? Nope. I'm having slowness from two separate ISPs - Eircom and Leap.

wazzup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

me too from 2 isp's also

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

gutta wrote:
    wazzup?
    Someone has squeezed the servers e-penis too tight, resulting in a reduction in data flow.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Struggling for me over the last week or two .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Slows down for me during the usual peek usage times.

Just after 9 (people coming in from work)
    Just after 1 (people on lunch from work)
    Just after 5 (people checking before going home from work)

repeat....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

yeah noticed this too over the last week or so. Are they doing work on the server or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Crawling for me too.

The stats down at the bottom show reasonable times (1-3 secs for page generation) but the egg timer on my Firefox tabs seems to be stay there forever and the pages take ages to start appearing at all as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Page generated in 13.62776 seconds with 13 queries

Just wondering if bringing up this info is of any use , I am sure they must notice it themselves , but until told otherwise , it helps fill my lonely day :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

^^ What Stark said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Its fine when there arent many users are online, couple hundred, but when you start hitting 700-800 or now with over 1000 it just goes to crap.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Took 10 seconds upon clicking "reply" to get the reply screen up. Very slow today.

Stark wrote:
    Crawling for me too.

The stats down at the bottom show reasonable times (1-3 secs for page generation) but the egg timer on my Firefox tabs seems to be stay there forever and the pages take ages to start appearing at all as well.
    admin+statler@boards.ie: Page generated in 24.35462 seconds with 13 queries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

670 People online and its Sooo slow.. But saying that its been dead slow for almost 2 weeks now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

slow for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

just a few mins ago in the motors forum:

Page generated in 22.19872 seconds with 14 queries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Adverts.ie is timing out completely for me when I try to upload a new ad :(

<edit>This page: admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 18.93554 seconds with 11 queries</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I generated one in 31 seconds earlier :S, woots going on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm actually working through each click, it's taking that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm actually working through each click, it's taking that long!
    heh at least youre getting some work done :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

haha, yeah I'm sure company bosses all over Ireland have been experiencing a boom in productivity levels the past few days ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Today seems better, we have a lead we are working on so lets see what comes of it. Something is rotten in the state of denmark and before we throw hardware at it we want to see if theres someway to get a better bang for our buck...

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Move the servers back from Denmark. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I smell Bacon.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement