Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about courses

Options
  • 28-08-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been doing web design for about 3 years as a hobby.
    I've thought myself all that i know. You can see my site in my Sig,

But now i want to become a fully qualified web developer I want to know html/php/xhtml/css/java script etc (any others a fully qualified web developer should know) but want i would like to ask you guys is this.

What courses are there out there that would help me.
    I know dorset street college have a 3 part course, but it costs about €2800
    Can it be done online ?
    What books/DVD's/websites do you recommend reading/viewing.

I want to learn it and learn it fast.

Any advice would be great

thank.
    David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

NeVeR wrote:
    I want to learn it and learn it fast.
    Dont rush, pick a course that suits you.
    If your looking for a full time course, Multimedia Programming in IADT (www.iadt.ie) will give you good scope on HTML, Java, PHP, Flash, design skills and other general computer stuff.
    I dont think any of those "short term" courses are that good, they seem to brush on verything rather than going into detail or in depth.
    I remember doing a photoshop one... omg! That was the biggest waste of money ever, i learned more myself with 3 or 4 hours on the internet doing tutorials.
    It's a 3 year long Ordinary Degree in Computing.

Advertisement