Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcelforce delivery agent in Ireland??

Options
  • 28-08-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who the delivery agent for parcelforce in Ireland is. I bought a mobo and gfx card off overclockers.co.uk which were shipped on the 14 of August. They arrived in Ireland on the 16th, but the track and trace is reading insufficient address, and are in some warehouse since. I sent them a few emails asking what the story was, and they said they'd look into it.

I am just wondering are they like DHL where they have their own Parcelforce delivery van direct to the door, or do they use some courier like Fastway, Nightline e.t.c. , any one ever see who delivers for them??

Just so annoying because the rest of my parts should be arriving circa Wed/Thur , and i'd like to have it up and running for the weekend. Do you think i'll get any postage refund from overclockers if i send a few angry emails, about a 2 day delivery taking over 2 weeks to actually be delivered...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think Securicor Omega is the partner in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

an post delivered my last order, but im guessing they wernt used for the whole of the trip in ireland, just from the depo to my door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

GLS delivered all mine from ocuk. I live in Roscommon & their depot is at Knock airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

isnt parcel force part of royal mail?? last 2 times i orderd from ocuk an post deliverd i think the average is 4 working days if the parts were in stock

isnt parcel force part of royal mail?? last 2 times i orderd from ocuk an post deliverd i think the average is 4 working days if the parts were in stock

:rolleyes: Ya it is, but they transfer it to a courier company in Irl. You can trace it all the way to the delivery driver on the royalmail website. When you see "handed to delivery driver" you know you'll have it by the next day. I ordered a soundcard from ocuk on a fri morn & had it on mon @ lunchtime. Serious fast delivery. everythin else took 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thanks for the replies lads.. Looks like they use whatever courier is local to the recipient. This is the progress that my parcel has made so far --> http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/track?catId=7500082&pageId=trt_trackingdetail&itemNumber=1&start=1
    I'm going to let it go one more day and if it is still in warehouse, i will have to send them another few emails.
    It seems the rest of ye have had alright experiences with parcelforce, i am wondering maybe the address label has been damaged/rendered unreadable and they don't know where to send it. They obviously know where it is via checking the tracker code.

Is overclockers.co.uk customer service always so bad ??

I got a message from parcelforce last week saying my parcel could not be delivered, and that it was going back to sender. and the only way i could recieve it, was to get overclockers to make the necessary arrangements (like its my fraking problem now!!).
    So i sent web note explaining situation last thursday, and still have no reply from them..
    Does it always take so very long for them to reply? Sent another one today, and it wasn't as nice and calm as the first..

This is so damn fraking annoying, after ordering the mobo and gfx card over 3 weeks ago,and still no joy. Everything else is here awaiting to be put together..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

aytime i got parcelforce to deliver from ocuk it has been gls to deliver.

funnily enough they've always been good and just take the 2 days they state unlike when i use gls to deliver from komplett.

Got everything in 3-4 days. Ring ocuk. Webnotes no good. You'll get instant response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

OcUk grinding my gears aswell...

their website/webnotes/order status/package tracking all rip the piss for a company that receives over 1000 orders in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

give them a blockin and say if you dont sort it out i want a refund .

well there good at giving refunds.send it straight back inta your acc.

awhir wrote:
    give them a blockin and say if you dont sort it out i want a refund .

well there good at giving refunds.send it straight back inta your acc.

would they send it straight to my bank account, where i have the credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i ordered 3 fans 2 weeks ago and they did not ship them after 3 days and i asked for a refund and they said "the order has been cancelled for you as requested, the refund should show back on your card within 5 working days depending on your card issuer."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I ordered some car audio stuff from incarexpress.co.uk a few weeks ago that was shipped by parcelforce (the thing was plastered with parcelforce labels) but delivered by An Post.

Its really fraking p!ssing me off now, email both parcelforce and ocuk yesterday again and no response. I actually got a email from oCuk yesterday telling me i had to wait 20 days before claiming lost products, even though it is now 27 days gone!?.
    Oh they are a gas crowd alright.. i'm thinking of cutting my losses and canceling. Order somewhere else and i'll probaly get the items before Ocuk ever sorts things out (also the fact that the board i'm getting, Abit ab9 pro, is having major bios problems at the moment and not being a good overclocker at all, in fact people are doing well just to get the board running at stock!!

So any one recommend a really good, stable board for E6600?? (at a good price..)

I love my DFI :D
    Komplett dont stock em tho. Was having cold-start issues (loads of peeps were) with it but the new beta bios i got today sorted that out. Allows for huge voltages in the bios & is very oc friendly. Only complaint is where dfi put the power connection.
    DFI.......FTW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They've bloody good online support too, and it appears to be largely a supported volunteer effort.

SyxPak wrote:
    They've bloody good online support too, and it appears to be largely a supported volunteer effort.

:rolleyes: When mobo 1st came out there was a prob gettin over 400fsb. Dfi have been releasin new beta bios's everyweek to try to solve the prob. Coolaler got to 435fsb on new bios with 4:5 divider on ram. Might aswell jump on this mobo cos it looks like there's not gonna be a lanparty conroe mobo. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114768

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it depends where you are in the country. GLS will only do the biggish hubs like dublin/limerick/cork/galway, the rest is serviced by an post i think that's how it works.

Well my order which I made last tuesday night has finally been fully delivered this morning.

Most of the bits and bobs came on wednesday morning, in a fairly banged up crappy cardboard box, absoltuely covered in tape.
    Monitor arrived this morning, fine condition.

Problem is they dont tell you anywhere on their site that they ship the monitors separately and that you should expect them a day or two later.... They'd save so many support phone calls if they put same basic info up on their site and had a working order status system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Cremo wrote:
    it depends where you are in the country. GLS will only do the biggish hubs like dublin/limerick/cork/galway, the rest is serviced by an post i think that's how it works.

They deliever to me in deepest darkest West Cork.

Well i finally got my package delivered today, after it being sent back to OCuk, and getting it reshipped to me again. After 6 weeks from placing the order and many an angry email, it arrived. So there i was ready to put it all together, when i look at the gfx card and see that one of the surface mount componenets (an inductor i think) has snapped off and is rattling around inside the anti-static bag.. I just wonder how ****e my luck is.. i'm not really surprised either, with the amount of time it has been in transit.
    Here is a pic of the offending part...
    revx1900cardlg1co3.jpg

I'd try and fix the part but it is a surface mount component, which i don't know if it'd stick with the solder i have here (or if i do damage to rest of board)
    Has anyone had problem like this before. Should i send it back or attempt a repair? I guess i'll still be charged for postage in sending it back. The bastids should give me the damn card free of charge now, after all i have put up with...

Sorry for your troubles m8. Bad luck.

Dont touch it, rma it. Takes less than a week to rma. post it on mon, you'll have a new 1 on following mon at latest. I rma'd a raptor, posted on thur, had new i following thur. DemonOfTheFall rma'd a gpu last week & had new gpu in less than a week as well. If you touch it you'll void the warranty. It'll only cost you postage to ocuk, they don't charge for postage back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Thats fairly bad from ocuk. Ive used em for years without a problem.
    I really feel for ya :(
    Problem is they dont tell you anywhere on their site that they ship the monitors separately and that you should expect them a day or two later
    Im guessing they sent it on in two seperate orders as the monitor wasnt in stock when expected? I ordered a monitor and a load of bits from them recently and got them all together. That said it was a alrge order so maybe they used the one carrier for it all. I dunno.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Sorry for your troubles m8. Bad luck.

Dont touch it, rma it. Takes less than a week to rma. post it on mon, you'll have a new 1 on following mon at latest. I rma'd a raptor, posted on thur, had new i following thur. DemonOfTheFall rma'd a gpu last week & had new gpu in less than a week as well. If you touch it you'll void the warranty. It'll only cost you postage to ocuk, they don't charge for postage back.

Thanks for the reply.. i will enquire about RMA. I see on their website you can enquire about RMA number. Should i send it back to them before i get a rma no. from them, or wait till they give me one...
    Its' just all this waiting is driving me nuts.... i'm looking at another week and half before i get the pc running.. and thats if i don't get the same problems as when it was in delivery. Damn thing was reshipped over two weeks ago!!

Thanks for the reply.. i will enquire about RMA. I see on their website you can enquire about RMA number. Should i send it back to them before i get a rma no. from them, or wait till they give me one...
    Its' just all this waiting is driving me nuts.... i'm looking at another week and half before i get the pc running.. and thats if i don't get the same problems as when it was in delivery. Damn thing was reshipped over two weeks ago!!

Contact them 1st, you gotta put rma no on outside of package. They ship a new1 as soon as they receive it. IIRC they open on saturdays, ring them in the morn be your best bet.

If you put in an RMA request now they might give you the number tomorrow in an email. They seem to work saturdays

Thanks for the replies lads.. i put in the rma request, hopefully i'll hear back from them tomorrow.

Just another question... is it normal for the motherboard to flex/bend a bit when the heatsink is put on?
    I have spent last few hours (slowly) putting the pc together (minus a gfx card)
    But when i was putting on the heatsink i noticed that the pcb right under it was bending a bit. I'm not sure if i put too much pressure in pressing the heatsink pins down, but surely the board can handle that?
    I am just afraid i may have cracked the board or a few copper tracks..

Here is a pic looking side on at it..

121.jpg

What do ye think?

Ah yeah thats fine.

You should look for pictures of people with full-card waterblocks on their graphics card, things are bending like a sheet of paper and they usually survive just fine.

I shudder to think how much more my boards is sagging than yours with a 600g cooler hanging off it, but I'm not worried about it.

• Advertisement

Are ya sure there isnt a stand-off & screw supposed to go near where ya have the red marks somewhere. Mine has 3 standoffs along the top of the board. ATX has 9 standoffs, although the 1 in the very middle of the mobo gets no screw on my mobo but there is a clear circular space on the back of the board so the riser doesn't make contact with any circuitry.

Advertisement