Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcelforce delivery agent in Ireland??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Are ya sure there isnt a stand-off & screw supposed to go near where ya have the red marks somewhere. Mine has 3 standoffs along the top of the board. ATX has 9 standoffs, although the 1 in the very middle of the mobo gets no screw on my mobo but there is a clear circular space on the back of the board so the riser doesn't make contact with any circuitry.

Nope, there is no standoff for that part of the board, the middle spacers are off center (as seen in following pic).
    spacer1.jpg

Strange as this part of the board seems to be where the most force is exerted (pushing the heatsink pins down required a bit of force...). When i was putting on the sink, two of the pins were a bit harder to get on than the other two, and i pressed a bit harder, and i thought i heard a kind of cracking noise doing so. I just hope it was the pins clicking into place and not the pcb..

Should i turn it on anyway to see if it boots up, fans turn on e.t.c. even though i have no gfx card?

Also, do OCuk reimburse you for the cost of posting the faulty item back to them? it is not my fault that the item is broke, and the fact that it took so long to arrive, would have me think that i should be compensated some what (at least get the postage back.. and maybe a free gfx card :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats standard lay-out for ATX. I'm not using the stock cooler so i didn't have any probs. Be no harm in powering it up without gpu, it'd be the first test you should do anyway while building. Connect both 24pin & 8pin power connections, pwr led, pwr switch & speaker. Make sure to connect the cooler fan & speaker. You should get 3 beeps warning you that the gpu is not inserted. Don't connect anything else (hd's or dvd's etc). When you insert gpu you should get 1 single beep (2nd power-on test) telling you alls ok.

Don't think OCUK will re-imburse you for postage, you can always ask.

Advertisement