Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6680 unlocking

• 28-08-2006 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Just got my unlocking codes for the 6680 off Vodafone.Only had to wait a couple of hours to get it too.Just not sure how to go about unlocking it.I've entered the code but what do I do after that as the only options I get is to call the number,so any advice,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

You put in the number exactly as you see it with # and * too and when you put in the
    last # it should open providing they have given you the right number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I've entered the number as I got it but nothing happens.Looks like they gave me the wrong code.Knew it was to good to be true getting the code off them so quick.I'll give them a buzz tomorrow.Cheers for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Put in a different network's sim card, then try type it in when prompted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You should be entering

#pw+xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+1#

where xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the number Vodafone gave you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Put in a different operators sim card
    then enter the number as chrislad says.. to get a p press * three times to get a w press * 4 times etc etc..

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote:
    Put in a different network's sim card, then try type it in when prompted.

Thats were I was going wrong.Popped my new 3 sim in and it worked a treat,thanks everyone for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

aaronm13 wrote:
    Thats were I was going wrong.Popped my new 3 sim in and it worked a treat,thanks everyone for your help.

As a matter of interest did you use Nokia's web site to text you the settings for 3 and if so do they work for MMS, Web etc ?

skearon wrote:
    As a matter of interest did you use Nokia's web site to text you the settings for 3 and if so do they work for MMS, Web etc ?

Havent actually tried any of that yet as I got a K800i when I joined 3 and have been messing about with that all evening.Fantastic phone.I used that nokia service on my 5140i and it worked fine but that was when I was with Vodafone not sure what way they are fixed with 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Endax

When I tried to get my 6680 unlocked at a phone shop they said it was impossible for the kind of phone that I had... it definetly worked for you?

What number did you ring to unlock your 6680 off Vodafone, I don't have the customer care numbers or anything like that. Do you have to pay?

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Can you just ask Voda for the unlock code? I've been with them on my current phone no. since Jan? Will they still give it to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Endax wrote:
    When I tried to get my 6680 unlocked at a phone shop they said it was impossible for the kind of phone that I had... it definetly worked for you?

What number did you ring to unlock your 6680 off Vodafone, I don't have the customer care numbers or anything like that. Do you have to pay?

Thanks a million.
    the guy in the shop was right. only the network can unlock them. customer care is 1850 20 87 87 for ready to go and 1907 for bill pay. you don't have to pay for the code but you have to have spent €127 in credit before they'll give it to you. i'm not 100% sure of the system on bill pay

and if they tell you they can't get the code, because they tend to lie, just keep insisting. as this thread proves, they can get the code in a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Endax

Thanks a million, free texts here I come!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Justy want to say that if you login to My Vodafone, e-mail them via the link and give them your IMEI code they e-mail you the NAC code as well! Just got mine unlocked!

the guy in the shop was right. only the network can unlock them. customer care is 1850 20 87 87 for ready to go and 1907 for bill pay. you don't have to pay for the code but you have to have spent €127 in credit before they'll give it to you. i'm not 100% sure of the system on bill pay

and if they tell you they can't get the code, because they tend to lie, just keep insisting. as this thread proves, they can get the code in a few hours
    I was on bill pay last year, rang them before my contract was out and requested the code. They posted it out to me no problem whatsoever, and it only took one call! None of the horror stories sometimes posted on here.

Im the same as above,thought I was going to have to battle to get the codes off Vodafone.Couldnt have been more wrong,rang at 11 one morning and was told it could take up to 5 days to get the codes off Nokia.By 5 that evening I had the code texted to me and with a bit of help from the people here had my phone unlocked.

My year contract was up so as far as I know you have to be out of contract brfore they will give you the codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Do locked 6680s prompt for an unlock code when a different SIM is inserted?
    I tried putting my O2 SIM into my 3-locked 6680, the phone started in offline mode. When I tried to set it to General, it said "invalid sim". I got the same error when I tried to read the contact list off the SIM card. The same problem happened with my cousins O2 SIM when I tried putting it into my 6680. The phone did ask for a PIN before starting though.

Advertisement