Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash game critique

Options
  • 28-08-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some feedback on a flash game just finished today for a site i run.

http://www.sheepstealers.ie/hurling/

Is it clear how to play?
    Did you play for long?
    Did you find it hard or easy? How high a score did you get?
    Would you send to a friend?

I have probably been looking at it a big long at this stage to be really objective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's not clear how to play in the beginning as you don't have a 'click to start' - it just goes straight into the game and it gives me a START AGAIN notice!

I got 4000 points, not much. Very easy in the beginning and too hard when it gets hard.

I don't usually send stuff like this to friends so I'm not one to talk. However coincidentally I will be passing it on to a colleague tomorrow as she was wanting Flash games to play (mainly puzzles though).

It looks great btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got through a few levels, and my main complaint is the same as gordon, no start. it's a bit unclear what you do at the start. if you put this out on ebaumsworld etc. then you might want a little guide as to what to do and a start button before the game begins.

other then that it's a fine game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Needs a start button alright, took me a while to figure out what was going on (thought I was meant to hit the sheep in the corner at first.. was making all sorts of crazy mouse movements :D).

I'm not really one to spend much time on these games either, but this one looks as good as most I've seen. League table is a good idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Did anyone else drop the ball when the rules suddenly popped up on the right hand side?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just noticed the rules now -- was that just added or did I not notice it five minutes ago?

Would still be better with some basic instructions in the flash window.. the banner to the right looks a lot like an advert, which I automatically ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Hi guys, i have put instructions and a start button. Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

It's a cool idea and I like the game. Although I did start to get a bit bored around the fifth level. How about a monkey running around in the background and you have to dodge him after a few levels lol

Nice game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

The game starts off too easy and gets too hard too quick.
    There should be a start button in between each iteration of the game.
    Top scores would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got bored I'm afraid...Also is there any way you can make it where you can't move the hurley off screen. That's how I lost the first time, didn't have enough screen to right the thing...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I got 2840 on first go, it was really easy and then out of nowhere the hurl went mental - level difficulty jumps too much after I think level 7 or maybe 8 it was..... 3216 on my last go

• Advertisement
Advertisement