Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of this laptop

• 28-08-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Just looking to buy laptop and found this on pcworld

COMPAQ V5245EU - SAVE €250
    €899.99

Processor Type AMD Turion 64 - ML-34
    Processor speed 1800 mhz
    Memory Size 1024 mb
    Memory Type DDR
    Hard Drive Capacity 100 Gb
    Optical Drives Super Multi DVD Writer
    Screen Size/Type 15.4" WXGA
    Graphics Card Type ATi Radeon Xpress 200M IGP
    Graphics Memory 128mb shared mb
    Sound Type 3D Soundblaster Pro
    Modem Type 56k
    Wireless Enabled Yes
    No. of USB Connections 2
    Other Interfaces VGA Port
    Battery Type Lithium Ion
    Battery life (up to) 3.5 hours
    Software Titles Included Microsoft Works 8.0
    Operating system Win XP Home
    Weight 2.98 kg
    Height 35 mm
    Width 350 mm
    Depth 250 mm

Can anyone tell me if this is a good price or are there others you can get at better price? Would like to stay away from Dell.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not bad. What will it be used for? On a general basis though, its not bad for the price. What speed is the ram, get that checked - PC World laptops in those cheaper bands with a gig of ram nearly always have slow ddr 300 ram, which in turn affects the performance of the X200 IGP which relies totally on said system ram.

This would not be a problem if you do not want to play games. Speaking of which, its not good for new games, but good for older 2003/Dx8 downwards titles and is sufficent at Half Life 2 and some of the other more efficent recent titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Me personally I dont like compaq or HP or Toshiba as there the most makes of laptop with faults I see but having said that I saw a new Compaq recently (which someone spilled wine on...) but it did look very nice,they have stepped up their game appearance wise but I still dont know about build quality.But for the money that spec looks ok,I still dont like buying stuff from PC World as they tend to be a bit lacking in the after sales service.

Advertisement