Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masami Akita

Options
  • 28-08-2006 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Has awful hair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

artist_merzbow1big.JPG

Doesn't look too bad there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

He's a damn hippy <3

Much love for Minazo Vol.1 though...got it a few weeks back in Tower, was actually the first Merzbow album I purchased...very angry...a lot angrier than I expected, the album is supposedly a tribute to a seal that died in Tokyo Zoo, but it certainly comes off more as a diatribe against the seal's keepers...

Yeah, not a bad album. There's a volume 2 out now but I think it's vinyl only. Personally I think Merzbuta and Last of the Analog Sessions are far better. They're both on the same label as Minazo.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

'Sphere' is my personal favourite Merzbow album, not that I've heard a whole lot. If you're into that kind of thing you should check out Masonna's 'Inner Mind Mystique', it's a pretty gnarly piece of work.

• Advertisement

I haven't got Sphere, there's just too many releases to keep up with. I haven't gotten around to Masonna properly, I'll check out your recommendation.

I forgot to mention the album Merzbow did recently with John Wiese called Multiplication which is excellent. John Wiese in general rocks my socks off when it comes to noise.

I never really liked Masonna...they're too...dunno to me...I think as an analogy, if Merzbow is rock, then Masonna are Death Metal, which is some people's thing, but isn't mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PsychForm

You should check out the legendary Merzbox. A box set of 50CDs by Merzbow, with some collaborations, comes with pins, stickers, t-shirt, etc. Hell of a listen....if you can make it thru.

There was a Merzbow release as well that was a limited edition of 1....it was 1 CD....that came in a car....it was sealed in the car stereo, the car was the actual packaging.

I have also just heard rumor that Masami is going back to analog recording and leaving the digital era behind for awhile...hopefully...seeing him life is like standing in a solar wind...

Psych

PsychForm Records
    Eclectic Listening

The Merzcar has been put out to scrap apparently. Shame because it's the best idea for a release ever. I've often thought about getting the Merzbox but it's a bit expensive for me at the moment, sounds like a challenge I'd like to take though.

Link to Merzcar

I have the whole box....but only as mp3s a friend gave me. The actual box was about 500 bucks I think. Hoping one day to find it in a bargin bin....haha!

I have only listend to about half of it....alot of crap, and some really great moments, one of the best...a collaboration German legends S.B.O.T.H.I. (swimming behavior of the human infant)

When Merzbow played his first show with legendary UK niose artist extrodinare Richard Rupenus (aka: The New Blockaders, Mixed Band Philanthropist, Bladderflask, Funeral Dance Party, Citipath, Metgumbnerbone, Massi****du, Nihilist Assault Group, etc...), it was said his set was so loud that paint chips were falling off the ceiling like snow flakes...

Psych

PsychForm Records
    Eclectic Listening

• Advertisement

A friend of mine saw him in London and he played through Motorhead's gigging rig (and their motto is "Everything louder than everything else" :)). Apparently it was so loud that it stunned all living things within a mile radius. I'd love to experience him live. I'd love to see The New Blockaders too, everything by them that I've heard is savage.

If your going to All Tomorrows Party in the UK in Dec...the you can see The New Blockaders perform live with The Haters (my label has put out several New BLockaders releases, one of them being the first ever collaboration between TNB & The Haters, 'Zero is The Journey' CD)....god I wish I was going to be there...Nurse With Wound will be there, 16 Bitch Pile-Up...oh and the list go's on.....what a bummer I will be unable to feast on the delectables!!!!!!

Psych

Advertisement