Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Kurt Angle match

• 28-08-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well? and why?

For me, it was certainly his Royal Rumble 2003 with Chris benoit. This was pure gold, and the heel Angle still went over a red hot Benoit clean. It had everything.

Michael Cole was dead right when he said "Taz, we are all talking about the road to Wrestlemania, but this match could HEADLINE Wrestlemania".

Second, and very close behind would be his Wrestlemania 21 match with Shawn Michaels. Great build up, between 2 of the best there is today. This was a dream match which could have ended up being all hype and little substance, but this match overtook the hype, and will be remembered as one of the all time great, if not the greatest, Wrestlemania match ever.

Angles best match in WWE 23 votes

Royal Rumble 2003 Vs Benoit
    0%
    Wrestlemania 21 Vs HBK
    39%
    Bounty HunterMossy MonkDCgimmickjoe_elwayxzodiaMr.Nice GuyXylophonicnacho libre 9 votes
    No Way Out 2006 Vs Undertaker
    21%
    RebelRockChickFirewalkwithmechopperbyrneLita ForeverGMoneyV1 5 votes
    Wrestlemania 19 Vs Brock Lesnar
    0%
    Wrestlemania XX Vs Eddie Guerrero
    17%
    pucanDoctorEdgeWildKeith CJmac24128 4 votes
    Unforgiven 2000 Vs Austin
    4%
    Minto 1 vote
    Summerslam 2002 Vs Rey Mysterio
    17%
    Cactus ColFozzytriple hPrufrock 4 votes
    Smackdown Iron Man match Vs Lesnar
    0%
    No Way Out 2000 Vs Chris Jericho
    0%
    Other (please specify)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The problem with doing a poll like this is that Kurt had so many great matches, its impossible to get them all in .

I think some of Angles matches from his early carreer can get forgtten about. For me his match with the Rock at No Way Out 2000 was a top top match that people forget about. Plus it allowed Kurt to jump out of the role as goofy champion and into a more bad ass character.

Some of the others not on the poll worth a mention for me,
    v Benoit at Wrestlemania 17
    v Benoit Ultimate Submission match 2001 at Backlash
    v Benoit at Unforgiven 2002
    v Edge at Backlash 2002
    v Edge at Judgment Day 2002
    v Austin at Summerslam 2000
    v Shane McMahon at King of the Ring 2001
    Angle and Benoit v Rey and Edge at Judgment Day 2002 (one of my favourite tag matches ever)
    v Lesnar at Smackdown, 60 minute Iron Man Match

WWE need to release a bumper dvd for Kurt Angle. They'd sell a few copies I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Every match Angle has been in has been good, he is one of those wrestlers that whether it's a houseshow or Wrestlemania, it is bound to be a good match.

There are so many great matches i could name but one of the most recent matches that stands out for me is WM 21 vs. HBK. He had a great feud with HBK, both great competitors who had one of the greatest matches of 2005.

Also against Shane O Mac at KOTR 2001 was an unbelieve
    able match. Both put their all into it, which is unreal for someone like Shane, not being a professional wrestler with somewhat minimal training. Both put on a great match!

I agree with Vince, there really should be a DVD release of Angle's matches over the years. Sure to be a bestseller!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wrestlemania 21 Vs HBK
    the reason I picked the royal rumble match was because I watched it with two people who ridicule pro-wrestling, hell they were even impressed watching the match. Two of the best technical wrestlers ever on display- masters of their craft. it was a phenomenal match, full of technical wrestling moves. I regret the match did not last longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Unforgiven 2000 Vs Austin
    WrestleMania XX gets it for me, because it had a great finish (one of the most memorible 'Mania finishes in a while)and had great technical ability on show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm sure an angle DVD is in the works as we speak. He has been involved in most of the best matches of the last seven years. If he doesn't come back, he should be inducted to the Hall of Fame ASAP.

A Shane O' Mac DVD would be brilliant. I've never seen a bad Shane O' Mac match.

• Advertisement

A Shane O' Mac DVD would be brilliant. I've never seen a bad Shane O' Mac match.

Apart from the fact that its virtually always the same match. Lots of gimmicks followed by a big stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was going to say either his WM21 match vs Shawn or one of his matches against Benoit, either the Royal Rumble match or the WM17 match. But then I saw his Unforgiven match vs Austin on the poll. I'm assuming it's meant to say 2001. Right at that point, I was more into Kurt than ever. I was dying for him to win, and even though it was mainly to do with the World Trade Centre attacks, he definitely deserved it. I can remember the ending of that match so clearly - Austin goin for the stunner, Angle catching his foot and turning it into an anklelock..it was ****in brilliant! I loved it so much

But there really are too many to mention. His WM match against Eddie was brilliant, but I've always thought of that more as Eddie's match than Kurt's. He had some brilliant matches back in the SD6 days. Another one that just sticks out in my head is the Raw cage match vs Benoit. Moonsault from the top of the cage! And the Shawn rematch was brilliant too. Angle vs Undertaker from a good while back, I can't even remember when, but I remember it was excellent, probably better than their recent one

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

For me... definitly the cage match between himself and Benoit on RAW a couple of years ago. Moonsualt off the cage, Headbutt off the cage, this match was the cage match to end all cage matches. I remember that Austin was on commentary for the match. He was a heel at the time if I remember correctly but even he was in awe at how good the match was! He was applauding both of them for their effort and to be honest im glad he did becuase it made the match just a little bit better to see the top heel at the time break character just say how great the match was and to give Benoit and Angle the credit they were due for putting on that unbelievable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Wrestlemania 21 Vs HBK
    The Rumble match against Benoit. How often do you see a complete standing ovation for the loser after a match?

Everyone has their best match against Benoit. Even Austin tried wrestling when they had their run together.

joe_elway wrote:
    Everyone has their best match against Benoit. Even Austin tried wrestling when they had their run together.

Austin tried wrestling against whole alot of people. He was a great worker and I think sometimes people forget that because of his larger than life character that he portrayed. Maybe not quite the fluent wrestling ability of an Angle or a Benoit but he had his own unique style that resulted in many great matches.

Stick a relatively healthy Austin in a main event and he always delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He did change his style a good bit after his neck injury. Looked a lot different in the ring back in his Hollywood Blondes days

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

vs Shane O'Mac at KOTR. I still throw it on from time to time. The Rumble match with Benoit was class too but Kurt firing Shane through those glass doors was lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i have 4....
    vs autin at summerslam during the "invasion"
    vs undertaker no way out
    vs benoit RR03
    vs eddie guerrero RIP :-( at wmxx

However i can say that it was amazing to watch EVERY single angle match from day1-whether it was the first or last match of a show.I will MISS angle:( :(:(:( ......I REALLY hope he comes back

Advertisement