Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FootieBingo fantasy football kindof game thing

• 28-08-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all

Firstly Thanks to the Fish man for giving me the go-ahead to post this - much appreciated.

I ran a FootieBingo kind of fantasy football thing amongst a group of mates for the World Cup to try and keep some interest in it what with Ireland not being in it and all. It turned out to be a good laugh and ended up going down to the wire between 3 of the entrants.

So, with all this time on my hands I decided to set it up for the premiership - run on a monthly basis. August was run as a test, and am just posting this to see if anyone out there is interested in playing for Sept.

The rules and instructions etc are all on the website - you need to register to access the site - just takes a minute and as per the register page, your details are kept completely confidential and theres no mail bombing or anything attached.

We'll probably run it as a test (i.e. we wont take money) for September too cos it's very much work in progress and would be useful to see if it's worthwhile.

Anyway, the link is www.footiebingo.mine.nu - based in Dublin on me home PC.

Thanks again to the Fish man.

PS: I'm a Newcastle fan, but dont hold that against me please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why do you hvae to register to just see the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭zacharius

Good Point. I'll put a link from the register page so you can get to the rules without registering. Like i said it's just an idea I'm running with so all feedback is welcome. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭tricky@

This is a great idea, did something similar for the world cup amongst a group of my friends. In terms of suggestions, if you're gonna have an entry fee in future months, €20 a month is a bit on the steep side methinks.

maybe this thread could be made a sticky to increase awareness of your site?

Tks Tricky, and yeah 20 is too steep each month - was fine amongst mates for a one off. Probably 5 or 10 would do it - i'll change the site round a bit to say that. Just need to figure an easy way to collect it tho!

Should be bit of a laugh if enough ppl play - keeps a bit of interest in it.

Cheers

tricky@ wrote:
    maybe this thread could be made a sticky to increase awareness of your site?

Would be great alright - up to the mods though - any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭tricky@

zacharius wrote:
    Tks Tricky, and yeah 20 is too steep each month - was fine amongst mates for a one off. Probably 5 or 10 would do it - i'll change the site round a bit to say that. Just need to figure an easy way to collect it tho!

Should be bit of a laugh if enough ppl play - keeps a bit of interest in it.

Cheers

I'd suggest making it free for September and then charging from there onwards,would give you a chance to spread the word more about the site. I think €5 would be a reasonable price to pay, its not too much for the casual user to have to pay for a month. If u get the word out about this you really could be onto a winner i think!

In terms of collecting the entry fee maybe you could do it through PayPal?

Yeah free for Sept then we'll see how it goes for following months. Was looking at paypal alright - looks like the way to do it alright, and yep, fiver a month is reasonable.

Good to see we have over 20 registered at this stage. september matches dont kick off till the 9th so still time to get more in. Tell your mates!!!

Cheers!

September games kick off on 9th, so anyone interested would need to get their preds for the 9th at least filled in by then.

Cheers to those already registered - good luck! Free run for September to see how it works out.

The September game starts on 9th so you have until then to join up and enter results if you're interested in this. Going to run it free for September to make sure the site works ok, then we can decide whether to have an entry fee to build a pot for the winner.

I say 'we' as all the ideas and input come from the people playing (mainly board.ie 'ers glad to say) and these determine how the the site works. It was just a startup idea but so far theres nearly 30 registered so it should make the premiership that bit more interesting.

All the details are at www.footiebingo.mine.nu - cheers.

This is hosted in Dublin on me home PC. Smoke billowing out the back of it at this stage!

32 people signed up - thanks to all who took it up. First games kick off 9th Sept so anyone wanting to jump in need to do so by the 8th so they can enter their predictions for that round of games anyway.

You can change your predictions at any time upto midnight before the KO.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Month's games start tomorrow - last day to get those results in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is there a problem with your site? I can't make my predictions?!?!?!

Sorry Mr. Moon - all fixed up now I think.

Results updated for last weekend - still open for anyone who wants a go - going to keep it free..

Advertisement