Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfire Problem

• 28-08-2006 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I was getting 4900 in 3dmark06 with one x1900xtx. Now im only getting 5700 with x1900 crossfire? Surely this cant be right. I have updated my bios also btw. Running on Catalyst 6.8.

Rig: AMD 64 3800+
    ASUS A8R MVP DELUXE
    1GB MUSHKIN REDLINE
    ENERMAX LIBERTY 620W PSU
    Soundblaster XFI
    2 WD RAPTOR 150gb.

Please Help:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't know myself what you should score. Use the futuremark search & compare to see how your score is compared to others of similar specs. Also you can post on their forum & peeps there will tell you exactly what score to expect. I'd expect you to score more myself. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=wiki&tag=rmp_vds
    I score 6037 with single 256mb 7900gt oc'ed to the max, look: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=443834
    3dmark06 test is very much dependant on cpu, not gpu. Run 05 & see how you score.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

Hope this will help: Im gettin a catalyst control centre fault in windows it says "Stretched desktop warning" crossfire cannot be enabled because some 3d applications are running, or the interconnect cable is not connected, or the motherboard has no communication channels between PCI-Express slots. ?????????

You try re-installin catalyst control centre?
    I dont have any experience with xfire i'm afraid to say, don't think i'll be any help to you. I never had an ati gpu either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This is one of the reasons i moved from ati to nvidia, their drivers are diaolical, and catylist control, what a waste. But like was said earlier, 3dmark06 is more cpu dependand then gpu. So dont expect a 50% increase in scores. What you have is a bti low, but not too much

I find it hard t believe that the increase is so low?:mad: Surely somethings wrong somewhere. I hope there is a problem coz i might have wasted a lot of money buyin all this.

• Advertisement

Truth is that you realy only get a 30-35% performance increase by going sli or xfire. Not worth it imo when a single card can perform just as well for the same money. oc them for more performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

what is performance like away from synthetic benchmarks, is there any improvement in framerates on your 24" screen? I would imagine thats where you'll see the real benefits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

what is performance like away from synthetic benchmarks, is there any improvement in framerates on your 24" screen? I would imagine thats where you'll see the real benefits

exactly... Who in the name of pecan pie goes crossfire just to get a higher score in 3dmark.. Run fear or oblivion at max res, completely maxed out in single n crossfire mode, use fraps n see what fps ur getting.. Thats where u should see the difference..

unklerosco wrote:
    exactly... Who in the name of pecan pie goes crossfire just to get a higher score in 3dmark.. Run fear or oblivion at max res, completely maxed out in single n crossfire mode, use fraps n see what fps ur getting.. Thats where u should see the difference..

Quite right, 3dmark only uses lower resolutions, you wont find much increase here. You can modify FEAR to run at higher resolutions by changing the .cfg file in the monolinth folder in your shared documents to 1280x1024 & saving it.

LOL, somehow got it working. Removed both cards and cables, then reinstalled them, reset bios to default settings and somehow BOBS your uncle its fixed! Now getting 6450 in 3dmark06, im much happier with that and seems to be what i was expecting:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Where'd u get ur master card?? how much??

This Guy, Excellent have bought a few off him!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpchatpowerlynkQ2ecomQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

He doesnt seem to have any buy it now items at the moment though, keep an eye out. Great Deal.

Thats a nice score. :D Those cards should really shine on high resolutions. Any chance you could post your compare url. Just curious. My score is similar to yours.
    Have you clocked those gpu's?

Yep im work so I'll post tonight, I already compared to yours last night. Your cpu score is like four times mine, but then my cards obviously make up the difference. I think my Shader 3.0 is more than double yours. Conroe crushes my poor little Athlon single core! Conroe here I come LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This Guy, Excellent have bought a few off him!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpchatpowerlynkQ2ecomQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

He doesnt seem to have any buy it now items at the moment though, keep an eye out. Great Deal.

Hmmm may do this myself.. Were u done by customs etc?

No, and never have been tbh. Ive ordered loads of stuff before , had to pay customs on a Taylor made golf club though. Oblivion looks amazing, 1920 by 1200 all settings max! No slowdown, Battlfield 2 looks great also. The only thing I dont like about x1900's, they are sssooooo noisy!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

How did you manage to bypass customs? Did he mark it down at a lower value?

Also, do both cards have to be the same brand?

Couldnt save last 3dmark last night, PC running hot tonight will squeeze a couple hundred more out of it later:) http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=468294

Ya got a nice score there m8 :D Imagine what your score would be with a dual core rig :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yeah not a bad score at all mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement