Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timesplitters 2

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know this game is pretty old, but I picked it up s'hand recently. It had no instructions and so there's one thing that puzzles me.
    I don't seem to be able to save? Anywhere? I'm still on story 1 (Alaska) and I've cleared the checkpoint just before the control room. Then I've wiped out all the zombies and am heading back into the building to get up to the top of the dam.
    Where is the next save point?
    It doesn't seem to autosave, so when I switch off, I have to start again from the beginning, not the checkpoint...That's surely not right is it?

TIA, Del

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Click "Options" on the main menu. Somewhere in there there's an option to turn on auto-saving. That should sort you out. I remember I had pretty much the same problem when I first played it.

By the way, nice choice. TS2 is a fantastic FPS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually doesn't the game not support saves during a level. As far as I can remember you have to finish the level in one sitting, no checkpoints or saves, just like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. You save after the level is beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yup, have to play through or else nothing. TS2 doesn't cater for second place... except if you get a trophy for silver :p

Great game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Thanks for the help!
    At least I'm not *totally* thick! :D

Del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

just saw this thread and had to comment. a truely superb game. probably the most fun game on the ps2. just amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

4Xcut wrote:
    just saw this thread and had to comment. a truely superb game. probably the most fun game on the ps2. just amazing
    There was a quote in Official PlayStation mag: 'As vital to owning a PS2 as the central nervous system is to your brain' :D
    Three-for-two second-hand games in Game Stop Athlone: TS2 MGS3 and Max Payne 2 for €23...result! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

ts3 is pretty good too, you have to complete a level,then it autosaves, it took me ages to get thru the dam level,it gives you a score or trophys for each level completed.

Advertisement