Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using Geforce 7 GO series...

Options
  • 28-08-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

What temps do you get when laptop is idle?

I'm getting between 55 and 62c when idle, thought that was a bit high....getting abysmal performance in games too, even for my 7400's modest capabilities, will try using latest forceware or laptop2go drivers later but the temperatures have me a bit worried mostly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Don't have a GeForce Go to test against but model is it, have you checked against temps from reviews of the same GPU to compare. How far off are your temps ?

Edit: Oh wait its a Go 7400 you have. Those are just higher clocked Go 7300 units still are we talking slideshow here as from reviews of the 7400 most say it is a capable enough low end part ?

Just read that there are two versions of the Go 7400 one with TurboCache with real 128MB RAM & the other has 256MB real RAM could it be you have the TurboCache version ?

Edit 2: Found temps for the Go 7400 in this review at idle it hovered around 50c and under load it was 62c, your does seem to be running a bit hotter is seems though the review did state the Asus notebook was hot and laid the blame at the Go 7400 which when even idle pumped out a lot of heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah it's the turbocache model, 128mb dedicated + 128mb shared - its not a bad performer on paper though, thats what had me worried. I was getting 10fps on F.E.A.R Combat on medium settings at 800x600, which shouldn't be happening even with this card...strangely installing the latest laptop2go drivers improved it no end, went from 10-15fps to 35-50...why ares stock drivers always so crummy! I was mostly afraid the crap performance was related to the high temps.

thanks for the link, appreciate the help. general reviews seem to have it running about 10c cooler then mine on idle. I think mine goes into the high 60's when playing games....I don't want to have to underclock it as its already at stock and a basic enough card as it is!

Advertisement