Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansion info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

These new Shaman elemental talents make me most horny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

lol "me love you long time!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Is it just me or does mage invisibility just plain suck?

At least, as its worded there, its pretty poor... if it doesnt drop aggro AND takes 8 seconds to fully work, what is the freaking point? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think its duration is 8 seconds rather then the cast time. More of a PVP spell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not if it completely resets agro in pve, which would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Invisibility - Rank 1
    Requires Level 68
    263 Mana
    Instant cast5 min cooldown
    Fades the caster to invisibility over 8 sec. The effect is cancelled if you perform or receive any hostile actions. While invisible, you can only see other invisible targets and those who can see invisible. Lasts 20 sec.

'Perform or receives any hostile actions', now that is a pretty vague and possibly massive description.

Obviously, attacking something is a hostile action. But, is taking damage or healing a hostile action?

Either of these, would make this spell considerably less affective, both would render it virtually useless in PvP.

Think of how many fights where you would want an aggro wipe.

With aggro reducing talents, such as they are nowadays, and with Paladins going on both sides after the patch, an aggro reducing wipe is unnecessary at best and useless at worst. Now, I will concede that there maybe encounters in TBC where this might actually be useful, but as things currently stand, I dont think its got any real use...

As it clearly states, its duration is 20 seconds and while I dont really think its casting time/channeling time is 8 seconds (especially since it says instant cast) I do think it will actually take 8 seconds for you to become invisible once you activate it, but since you can't actually take or receive any hostile action while doing so, it might as well be an 8 second cast time...

The only real way this could be saved, is the actual affect of the invisilbity. An aggro wipe wouldnt be enough for me, but taking you out of combat would be great... For example, the ability to go invisible and eat/drink for 20 seconds would be most useful like hunters currently enjoy with Feign death/drink.

However, I find this hard to imagine.

So then, what exactly have we got?

An instant cast escape mechanic that isnt actually instant. An escape mechanic that probably wont actually let you escape anything. A surprise attack mechanic that doesnt let you see anything... :s

One question though, is: Is invisibility/Ice block a viable option? :p

I do however, love Spell Steal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I don't think its meant as an escape mechanic as such, more as a counter against rogues and druids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I thought it was letting you run around mobs you didn't want to fight in solo pve.

Advertisement