Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go On Pompey!!

• 28-08-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭

theyre' fylin! dont want to be a big magpie for them and I know its start of season but some great results so far. Id say Harry is having a few glasses of wine tonight. Kanu looks like a good signing so far. No way they'll get relegated. Could finish top half if they contine this form up. question is will they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think they are the on form team based on last 10 or more matches.

Must check that, havent conceded yet either.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yeah and all those jammy f**kers that picked 2 or 3 pompey backs for the fantasy.premleague are laughin. One over took me by 20 points on tonights game alone in a private league, Henry better cop on soon!

Always liked Harry. I doubt theres many that dislike him. God they'r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Trilla wrote:
    Always liked Harry. I doubt theres many that dislike him.

Are you for real. Any idea what the population of Southampton is?

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Who?

kdjac

MrJoeSoap wrote:

ah Im talking about us Irishor more to the point neutral people, yeah Im aware of the Southampton situation. Who isnt? But besides them he is a likeable character in football today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Trilla wrote:
    Always liked Harry. I doubt theres many that dislike him.

You've got to be havin a laugh. I hate Harry because he's a traitor of the highest order. Up there with Alan Smith and the rest. Hope it all falls apart and they go down. Horrible club with a horrible ground.

Trilla wrote:
    ah Im talking about us Irishor more to the point neutral people, yeah Im aware of the Southampton situation. Who isnt? But besides them he is a likeable character in football today.

Hmmm. So neutrals should ignore his complete lack of morals/loyalty/general common courtesy? What exactly is likeable about him?

Oh, and I'm Irish btw.

Jaysus can of worms there with the Harry comment. Pompey wont go down im afraid, even though its early doors...

Trilla wrote:
    Pompey wont go down im afraid, even though its early doors...

Well after spending over £1m on players a day in January after the new owner arrived I'd expect not. Even I'd keep Pompey in the top-flight with that kind of money behind me. Pity he couldn't do it with us, but our stingy chairman wouldn't help out. Anyway, better to have a decent manager and aspirations than *expletives* like Redknapp.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hmmm. So neutrals should ignore his complete lack of morals/loyalty/general common courtesy? What exactly is likeable about him?

Oh, and I'm Irish btw.

Or his bad choice of jobs and climate he ends out working in, both times undermined by stupid chairmen. Both over the same issue Mandarin wanted a coach in beside harry , harry was having none of it and left, Lowe wanted a football diractor in and ...LMAO picked Clive Woodward it was only a matter of time before harry left and went elsewhere just so happened he went back to portsmouth (knowing Russian lad was coming in) where he got full control and now has the on form team in Europe.

At west ham he wanted to buy and the club felt selling the youth team her had built was a better way of running a football club.

Thats how i would see it being a Neutral and also a bad picker of jobs.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I'm Irish, can't stand the guy. What is there to like? He's the most irritating person to listen to in interviews and never stops complaining about having a small, injury ravaged squad. Surely the Southampton situation overshadows any small redeeming features he may have?

Xavi6 wrote:
    I'm Irish, can't stand the guy. What is there to like? He's the most irritating person to listen to in interviews and never stops complaining about having a small, injury ravaged squad. Surely the Southampton situation overshadows any small redeeming features he may have?

Lets say you work in a Sports shop, if i was your boss and hired a Pc Salesman to supervise you and interfere in your job .... how pissed would you be?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Lets say you work in a Sports shop, if i was your boss and hired a Pc Salesman to supervise you and interfere in your job .... how pissed would you be?

kdjac

Ha ha interesting metaphor. However my transfer from one sports shop to another rival would not have an affect on tens of thousands of people. There's a difference between leaving and rubbing in salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Cant stand harry either. I really hope they get relegated.

However, i hope boro get relegated before them. I have money on them for the drop. Add sheffield united into that list and that would be my dream relegation.

Footballers blessing themselves piss of tens of thousands of people, its not a hard thing to do in football where fickle fans are concerned.

Harry is a footballing legend :)

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

Mais pourquoi?

KdjaCL wrote:

Why? What has he done to deserve that title? Footballing idiot would be more appropriate.

Harry has done a great job at Pompey, and at West Ham. What happened to him at Southampton was brutal IMO. MAy be not a legend, but a great man of the sport. He did his best for Southampton while he was there under ridiculuos circumstances.

I also think people (regardless of who they support and how passionate they are) are gettin over the top with their comments. As for moving rival clubs, its more accepted nowardays.Look (Leeds Man Utd) Miller (Rangers Celtic) and Campbell (Spurs Arsenal) for example.

Trilla wrote:
    Harry has done a great job at Pompey, and at West Ham. What happened to him at Southampton was brutal IMO. MAy be not a legend, but a great man of the sport. He did his best for Southampton while he was there under ridiculuos circumstances.

I also think people (regardless of who they support and how passionate they are) are gettin over the top with their comments. As for moving rival clubs, its more accepted nowardays.Look (Leeds Man Utd) Miller (Rangers Celtic) and Campbell (Spurs Arsenal) for example.

More accepted? Smith wasn't able to take part in Lucas Radebe's testimonial at Elland Road for fear of a riot.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s237/st68779.htm

And Sol Campbell was berated with Judas chants and banners everytime he returned to White Hart Lane. That to me isn't acceptance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

He's a good manager, gets more from his players than many others. I don't expect Saints fans to like him, (nor leeds fans, smith etc), becuase that's rivalry for you. Wouldn't call him a legend.

Nick Barmby is another good example, gets back in england squad and ups and deserts us for our neighbours across the park. I hope he's enjoying football at Bury if he's still there. :D

I 'ope 'arry's 'appy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

My brother was on to me all weekend how Portsmouth were going to win 4-0, the fecker even put €10 on it... Nice little win for him I think. Anyone know what the odds were?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Somebody for the love of Jaysis, get some scaffolding for Harrys face.

Advertisement