Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a network

Options
  • 29-08-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

At the moment I've got a LinkSys Wireless G-ADSL Home gateway, with my laptop and desktop connected with Cat 5's. They both are on the Internet without a problem, but I just wanted to find out is it possible to share files between both of the computers, or what exactly do I need to do that?
    And if its possible, does anyone know any good tutorials on the Internet to show me what to do?

Thanks

AlexD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

You need to setup a small home network, there is a wizard to do this in XP, go into 'Network Connections' or 'My Network Places' and then on the left there should be 'Setup a home or small office network', click this and follow the wizard!

N.B. - You have to run it on all PCs you want to share files and printers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Alexd2006

Hey thanks for that, that should gimme a start on setting it up. :)

- AlexD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to Net/Comms forum.

Advertisement