Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bleach

• 29-08-2006 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

hey, I know this isn't a medical advice board or whatnot but I don't think I'm in any medical danger.

for some reason I tried to bleach my hair with some stuff I found under the sink (I Am Donny Don't). didn't do much to my hair, and my hair didn't fall out - but now it feels kinda like straw and the skin on my forehead is extremely dry.

as I said, I don't think I'm in any medical danger but I was just wondering if there were any **** ups like me who've tried this and maybe know better - i.e. does peroxide just happen to dry out your skin or have I poisoned myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yeah peroxide will do that to your skin and hair.

Say bye bye to your hair for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Erm, household bleach and haridressing bleach are different. Get yourself to a hairdresser and explain what you did although don't be surprised if they snigger.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be more careful in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Household bleach and/or peroxide is designed to kill germs and/or dissolve organic compounds. Typically this includes a surfactant along with anionic/cationic agents.

Peroxide for your hair is typically less than 1/8th the strength of cleaning peroxide (i.e. less than 1% active compound versus up to 10% for cleaning products).

You are very lucky that you did not cause yourself chemical burns to your scalp or worse damage.

Seriously advise that you immediately get some sort of lotion/cream to repair some of the damage to your scalp (possibly an aloe vera based product). Your scalp will flake- this is not "dandruff" and you should *not* under any circumstances treat your scalp with any tar based products when this occurs.

Read the labels next time.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

thanks everybody. I'm not gonna go to a hairdressers miss fluff - I don't mind having straw hair long as I'm not gonna die. it's easier to manage actually.

thanks for the advice on flaking smccarrick, my sister already hooked me up with one of her products.

*bows*

Advertisement