Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chef sweat in your food. ewwww

• 29-08-2006 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Okay was out for a meal few weeks ago in a nice italian-i was really enjoying it and just after the mains we were talking about how stressful it looked in the kitchen-one of them open kitchen places. Then i noticed the head chef was wearing two t-shirts and looked very hot and sweaty. and then to my horror i noticed that there were droplets of sweat falling into every bit of food he was cooking. eww it was disgusting like these drops were frequent... like if he's sweating that much why wear so much clothes and why not wipe ur brow.
    it really made me think. maybe explains why my boyfriends' soup was a TAD salty!
    thinking back now i dont know why the hell i didnt complain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Argh, I was only at one opened style kitchen and noticed the chefs were very good under pressure. The only time I ever seen a chef sweat was in hells kitchen where one chap was terribly sweaty all the time and it kept going into the food, yack. He wore a bandana from them on or had a towel over his shoulder. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Ruu wrote:
    He wore a bandana from them on or had a towel over his shoulder. :)

Bandanas are good, towels over shoulder are not allowed in a good kitchen because they collect dandruff and whatever else falls from your head and then you use them on plates and stuff to wipe the edges.....not good.

The sweaty chef should have covered his brow or worn a hat, that's one of the reasons they have a chefs toque (hat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

he had a hat on. a very small one though- he was a big guy. It was bit stupid of him to have so much clothes on like sweat would run down his forehead down his nose and drop off his chin into all the food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They could be trying to save money by buying salt?

/I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

KC81 wrote:
    thinking back now i dont know why the hell i didnt complain.
    Dude, you really don't want to know what goes into the average sausage.

A little chef-sweat is nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement