Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Couple of questions about drink driving

• 29-08-2006 6:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Right now my car is parked in a Disc parking space without a disc. I would go around and move it, but, I was out last night and had a few drinks. So, I dont know whether I am under the limit or not.

I feel totally sober...I had 4 pints between the times of around 8pm to 1am. Its now 6.20am so that is nearly 5 and a half hours. (note I havent been to bed yet)

For future reference mainly, would this be sufficient time for a negative on a breathalyser?

Even if you feel completely sober, does that not necessarily mean you would be under the limit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Honestly, it's not a textbook thing. It depends on the person, and a load of things like your body weight, how fast you absorb it, food intake etc

To be honest, since you stopped drinking only 5 hours ago, and haven't slept, I'll just go into a shop, buy a disk, then get a cab home and come back later. No need for senseless risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is a general rule of thumbt that your liver can break down one unit of alcohol per hour.

However, if you don't feel up to driving the car, then don't drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

http://www.saferdrive.ie/

Its not foolproof, and if its close thing the gardai will prob call you on it but its a good reference..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Wickedcat

don't risk.better to go on foot than get a couple of violation tickets..:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

hear hear.wouldnt it be worth a few tickets and euros than losing yer licene for up to 2 years and then the high insurance etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Wazdakka wrote:
    The suggestions of the site run counter to the current road safety campaign where you are discouraged from having even one drink, because even one drink will impair your driving ability.

The least (bad thing) that can happen is that you get caught by the Gardai. The worst case is that you kill or maim someone and live with the question "What if I didn't have that drink?" for the rest of your life. With that line of thinking, I stick to Lucozade for the entire night (best value soft drink).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

your car could wait till your senses come back in good shape!:p no tickets, no worries!:D :D:D

Advertisement