Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL cable modem - ready light flashing

• 29-08-2006 7:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have NTL bb and it's been working fine until the weekend. Now whenever I turn on the cable modem the ready light never goes solid. Just stays flashing. So I've no internet connection. I've spoken to their support and it'll be Friday before an engineer can call. TV signal s fine. I've tried swapping the cables but no joy.

Is there anything I can check before then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've had this on and off lately. I normally just leave the modem unplugged for a few minutes and it comes back ok.

What modem is it (it will have a number, 120, 200 or 250 on the bottom), if you don't know what colour is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Not at home now but I think it's a 250. It's blue and so is my mood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Sounds like the signal is synched (i.e. sync LED is solid?) but it's having some problem getting IP address/parameters from the network.
    You can get more information by looking at http://192.168.100.1 and logging in with root/root. It should tell you the stage where it's failing. It'll also give you stuff about the signal levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭eoineen

I have NTL bb and it's been working fine until the weekend. Now whenever I turn on the cable modem the ready light never goes solid. Just stays flashing. So I've no internet connection.

I had this in July, nothing can be done until it stops flashing and returns to normal. I think it is to do with an upgrade or some routine maintenance. It's annoying but little can be done.

Dublin 12 area I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

i have this problem in the last couple of days too.

modem takes up to 10 mins to 'register' on the NTL network.

i have the blue '250' modem.

In Dublin 15.

What did Support say ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

I'm D15 as well.

Support said something like "turn off the PC. turn off the modem, turn on the modem. Wait a minute. Does it work now? No. Ok I'll send an engineer out."

Last night tried again and it does go ready after a few minutes. I'll wait and see how it goes over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

My whole NTL service - broadband, digital & analog TV - went off for 2 hours on Friday evening 8pm.

It was only then that I found out their support lines are only open Monday to Friday 9-6pm :mad:

I was searching the house for unread books to keep me occupied for the weekend but thankfully I didn't have to revert to old fashioned entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

i have this problem in the last couple of days too.

modem takes up to 10 mins to 'register' on the NTL network.

i have the blue '250' modem.

In Dublin 15.

What did Support say ?

Appears ok tonight "touch wood" - took about 1 minute and away we go :)

Advertisement