Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing your wheel on a roundabout?

• 29-08-2006 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭

Would you do it? Well yesterday in rush hour traffic, a woman stopped her car on the inner lane of the roundabout in Blanchardstown beside Powercity and proceeded to get another male road user to change her wheel for her! I was left gobsmacked. Even if my wheel exploded half way around the roundabout, I think I would get off the roundabout in order to change the wheel in a safe place! Did anybody else see her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think this belongs in the "I'd never dream of doing this..." thread.;)

Only women...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Death wish or what?

I would sooner say goodbye to the tyre and drive it off the roundabout than say goodbye to my a55.

Idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Slow coach wrote:
    Only women...
    That was my thought exactly! But it was a man who was changing the wheel for her! I just can't understand what would possess her to stop there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where did the male roaduser park his car?

kbannon wrote:
    Where did the male roaduser park his car?
    Oh yeh forgot to mention, he was nearly as bad. He parked slightly further around the roundabout but in the other lane (closest to the path). Granted it is quite a wide roundabout but this was ridiculous, were they trying to create an assault course for other drivers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He should have told her to leave the roundabout then he'd help.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Did anyone ring the local cop shop to tell them they had a pair with a death wish on the roundabout?

Did anyone ring the local cop shop to tell them they had a pair with a death wish on the roundabout?
    lol It is unbelievable the things you see on the road some days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Is this the new roundabout coming out of Clonee near blanch Ford or the mini one at Blanch Renault? Just curious is all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had presumed that it was the large new one as a car stopped on the small one would have blocked traffic

• Advertisement

Is this the new roundabout coming out of Clonee near blanch Ford or the mini one at Blanch Renault? Just curious is all.
    The large one near Powercity and Blanchardstown Motor Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That should be a special 4 penalty point offense - and an extra two for being a woman unable to change her own wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

overdriver wrote:
    my a55.

1143475542.jpg

1143475542.jpg
    :) You weren't looking for this thread were ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

fletch wrote:
    :) You weren't looking for this thread were ya?

No. The guy said he had an A55. I've never heard of such a car, so I did a google search and posted that pic to see if that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Nice one!

:D

No, I do have an old Triumph, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

clearly, that woman wasn't thinking...if an accident happened it would have been her fault!:mad: ...sigh!...WOMEN...:D

Advertisement