Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Wood - Pump issue

Options
  • 29-08-2006 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

The pump in our place started acting up this morning. :(

The pump will start but without any pressure and then it stops within a second or two. It's as if there's no water coming into the actual pump.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with their pump and what was done in that case.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah i did, you have an airlock in the pipes before the pump by the sounds of things...
    i have the same problem in the crescent when durkins turned off the water a month or two ago...

Basically you need to loosen, and i stress loosen the pipes on the pump...
    not the pipes coming from the pump to the tap, from the mains supply to the pump...

one or two turns should do it...
    you will notice a hissing noise and some bubbles escaping from the pipes, shake them a bit until you don't hear the hissing any more,
    (hence only loosen the pipe)

then go to the tap in the kitchen and try turn it on...

If this doesn't work just keep on doing it over and over again...

it took me four hours to get the airlock out.
    Otherwise call your builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Cheers Matt...

Will defo give this a try and see...

Just hoping that it's not the pump that has given up as that would be a pain in the bee-hind... and the wallet... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

well if you're in less than a year it should be covered by warranty...
    i thought the same thing until i tried this and it worked.

'unfortunately' :rolleyes: it's two years this october so warranty would be gone

Will defo let you know what the outcome is of this little venture though :)

No luck with airing the pipes. Couldn't hear that there was any air at all :(

Anyone know of a good, reliable plumber in the area that could have a look?

• Advertisement

Finally had a plumber out to look at the problem and it ends up being the filters that connect the pipes to the actual pump being blocked.

There are 4 of them in total connected to the pump. 1 in on both the hot and cold and one on each leading out of the pump.

Might be good to know if anyone else runs in to a similar problem.

Advertisement