Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocking down an old shed

Options
  • 29-08-2006 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

There is an old shed on my property, which was probably built in the early 1900's. I want to knock it down and built a proper new one. This old shed is falling apart, water leaks in, etc. etc.

My question: Is there any companies out there (preferable in Kildare) that will knock down old sheds (about 5m x 6m), probably with a JCB or whatever other big machines and remove all the rubble?

Also, do I need planning permission?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

If you can get machinary in the back then you'll have no problem getting the shed down. It is likely to be the foundation that will cause most problem. If it is as you suggest an early century build, it is unlikely to be re-inforced with steel. You could keep some of the rubble for hardcore and foundation work, so don't get rid of it all.

I'd hazard a guess and say you don't need planning if its at the back and detached from the house.

Advertisement