Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Dell laptop RAM at a good price

• 29-08-2006 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I saw this 1GB ram for my Dell Inspirion 5150... Here

(200pin pc2700 333mhz ddr sodimm)

€128 + €5 delivery. Is this good or does this anyone know where i can get same cheaper?

At the moment I only have 256mb x 2 = 512mb RAM

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Seems a good price, had a quick look on crucial and shop4memory and they don't come in any cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Thanks sceptre,

Any other sites you can think of as it is not too often i buy this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Access wrote:
    €128 + €5 delivery. Is this good or does this anyone know where i can get same cheaper?
    As sceptre has said, shop4memory is your best bet.
    http://memory.neon-drive.com/s4m.php?model_num=20&oemid=DEL&thisman=DELL
    €100 for 1GB, and free delivery (if you live in Ireland) :)

oh, and you'll need two of them, I think. Either 2*512MB, or 2*1GB, as it says
    MODULES MUST BE ORDERED AND INSTALLED IN PAIRS for Dual Channel mode. If 4GB is installed the recognized memory may be reduced to 3.5GB or less (depending on system configuration and memory allocation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

the_syco wrote:
    As sceptre has said, shop4memory is your best bet.
    Oh, you're not dragging me down that hole, t_s:).

Access is looking for notebook memory, you've knocked out a link for desktop. It would be easier of course if Dell hadn't managed to give an Inspiron the same model number as a Dimension. Shop4memory meanwhile don't appear to stock memory for the Dimension 5150 (which I'm aware of because that's the desktop I have), the 5150c memory (which you've linked to) is unfortunately different again. Shockingly easy mistake to make, I blame the vendor.

Links to what I looked at:
    shop4memory (€144 incl VAT, free delivery)
    Crucial (€148 plus delivery)

Took a quick look at orcalogic, comes in at UKP93 so no gain there, even tried kingston's direct site and they were $156 (with the obvious customs risk of buying from the US).

Might be worth just doing a google for +dell +"inspiron 5150" +memory. Thing is you'll end up finding quite a few companies that you know nothing about (like this one, found via here on offer at $114 for a chip assembler I've never heard of, Samsung memory is $149 on the same site). Personally I'd pay the €133 for the Transcend memory with the added bonus of a guarantee of no additional customs charges as I also think it's almost a bargain at the price but it's your call.

Thanks very much for the info, but it seems that the transcend memory seems to be the best bit.

One question that has been raised is the fact that 1 have 2 x 256mb Ram modules at the moment, and i am only replacing one module, so i will have 1 x 1 gig and 1 x 256 modules installed. Is this okay for my laptop? or should i have 2 x 1 gig modules?

• Advertisement

The feckers put it up €11 since yesterday!!! now €139!

Advertisement