Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Quote For The Unemployed

• 29-08-2006 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Was just lookin for insurance quotes on 123.ie
    Jot a quote when i entered my job
    just for the crack i checked what it would be if i was unemployed
    i didnt even get a quote

24, prov licence.

whats so dangerous about the unemployed?
    perhaps they wont take the chance of taking on someone paying monthly as payments may stop it just seems so wrong
    better get back to work and keep my J.O.B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Maybe they see it as you being unemployed means you might drive more than someone who is in work from nine to five, therefor being more of a risk.

The Online quotes are usually a bit mad, if you rang them they'd quote you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bennyx_o wrote:
    Maybe they see it as you being unemployed means you might drive more than someone who is in work from nine to five, therefor being more of a risk.

As petrol is so cheap these days. Who knows what logic insurance companies use in their assessments.

Advertisement