Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lean To Roof

Options
  • 29-08-2006 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions about how I would construct a lean-to.
    I have a space down the side of my 2-storey house that's about 7' wide. The wall between mine and nextdoor's house is approx. 6' high. I would like to use this space to make a covered in area to store a jetboat that I plan on getting soon.

What I would like to find out is how I would tie into the house wall and boundry wall. I would like to sheet the roof in clear cladding/corrugate. How do I tie this into the house wall side to ensure its leakproof. And then for the boundry side, how do I fit a gutter for rainwater run-off?

I thought about running a consaw along the house wall and then bedding in a strip of lead flashing and molding it to the roof. Is this a good idea?
    Then for the gutter side, mounting a gutter system to the boundry wall and leaving a space for the water to drain into it.

What would be the most economic way to do this?

Cheers
    Ciaran

Advertisement