Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

India Curry

• 29-08-2006 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Is the best food ever!! :D
    Whats the best take away in Dublin?? I personally think ya can't beat the frozen chicken korma and chicken jalfreizei's from lydl....Yes, LYDL!! Been to a few take aways around Dublin and nothing even comes close.

That is all

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Bombay Pantry (at various locations around Dublin) is by far and away the best Indian in my opinion. It tastes so good and according to my jet set sister, tastes as close to the real thing as you're going to get in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not really Dublin, but Indian Spice in Greystones is pretty good too. It's a takeaway only, but something of a rareity is that they have specials just like in a restaurant. Wild Garlic naan bread anyone ? You can also buy frozen and chilled versions of some of their menu items to heat up yourself at home on certain days (Thursday and Friday, I think). Only thing is they take a little more time preparing the food, so a 30-45 min wait isn't uncommon, especially at busy times.

I live in Bray, and we have a few takeaway options that are closer, but I'll take Indian Spice above all those any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Bombay Pantry (at various locations around Dublin) is by far and away the best Indian in my opinion. It tastes so good and according to my jet set sister, tastes as close to the real thing as you're going to get in Ireland.

Is there any linkies for the locations of this place?

Glenageary and Rathmines is all I could find and they're not convenient to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

quazzy wrote:
    Is there any linkies for the locations of this place?

Glenageary and Rathmines is all I could find and they're not convenient to get to.

http://www.bombaypantry.com/index2.html

That'll be €20 please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I have yet to find anywhere that comes close to the Indian takeaways I experienced during my time in the East End of London here in Dublin. Jaipur does excellent, delicately spiced Indian food at a price, but there are no cheapo places.

Best thing is to make your own. Pataks curry pastes are excellent for this if you don't want to go to too much bother.

I too have supply of Lidl's frozen Jalfrezi's for emergency use. They aren't bad and exceptionally cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

Alun wrote:

Nice one!! They have one in Fairview :D and my lunch break is about to start!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Alun wrote:

Check's in the post.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

I would travel MILES to take away from Spice and Rice on Dorset Street

Advertisement