Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Claims Protection

• 29-08-2006 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Does no claims protection really work?

If you have a crash and claim, do they really not increase your premium?

I ask because I was looking at my renewal letter and included was a letter for NCB stating 4 years (in case you switch insurer), but it also listed a windscreen replacement I had done 3 years ago.

So, if you were to have a crash, claim and invoke your no claims protection:

1) Does your premium go up anyway
    2) Would that claim be recorded on the letter confirming the NCB
    3) if yes to 2, does that mean you'll get hit by the new insurer?

Not looking to make any claims, was just curious if it's just way for the insurers to keep you on their books.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm not too sure but I think if you switch insurers you will have to fill in a proposal form which will ask if you have had any accidents in the last 3 - 5 years.

Not being a big fan of insurance companies I am loathe to pay them more money to insure my insurance.

Advertisement