Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get some 5.2" front panels?

• 29-08-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to install a 120mm fan (tnx WizZard ;)) in the front of my case. I will need to cut a hole in 3 of the 5.2" front panels. The ones my case presently have are curved and have these indents in them which make them difficult for cutting and also difficult to get the fan flush against them.

I'm wondering where I could pick up some spare panels, or if any of yous have some lying around thats yous could throw my way ;) They would need to be flat (if they are curved, it mightn't be a problem) also with no detailing on them, just plain. Colour isn't really a factor as I can just spray them but black is preferable.

Is there places I can go to buy them? Would electronic recycling plants just give you them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Might be easier to make a panel to fit the two drive bays as one peice. A bit of 2 or 4mm plexi would work fine.

Break out that Dremel :D

I do have a few bay covers knocking about though if they are of any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'm going to email a few of the electronic recycling places around dublin and see what they say. Maybe they'll let me just rummage around and pick some out for nothing, I can't see there being much charge for them. I was considering molding some myself only after I couldn't find any panels. I'm kicking myself, the piece of aluminium I cut out of the side for the window would of been a perfect size to bend and fit into the front, dammit. Live and learn, when modding, there is no such thing as junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've got 2 here which are meshed. Pity i dont have 3. Would suit perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

just use plexi, as hopeful said, or metal. Spray it if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

maplin sell em..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ok cool, thanks for the info unklerosco. I'm going to see if I can't nab some "spare" ones from the compsoc in my college today (the perks of being chair, having the storeroom keys :D). If not i'll be heading to maplins and i'll see how they are priced.

Advertisement