Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why O Why

Options
  • 29-08-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I opened an online savings account for 3.2% interest about 6 weeks ago.

Now I find that AIB have just launched a new package with interest 5.2% +.

I am fairly annoyed. Fair enough online you can just open it straight away and the other you have to go into the bank. But come on like.

This just isnt fair. Chopping and changing is taking up too much flippin time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

I open that AIB account 5 months ago and it has been running longer than that,
    so it was bad research on your part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

are the T+C's for both identical, particularly in terms of withdrawals and rates.

ie are both rates pa?

If u think about it u can top up ur mortgage for say 3.9%pa.

If the 5.X% is equivalent, then the market will close the arbitrage opportunity pronto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

Actually, I rang my bank and asked them, and they told me that the online account was the best they had in interest rates, so they mis-informed me, "information".

I am sick of these idiots at banks. I took out all my savings the other day and have put them all in Rabo. Bank Manager wasnt long wanting to talk to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Before I took the money out, I had a consultation with the financial manager.

There is no account that they offer that you can stick a lump sum in.

I wasnt going to be there for years putting in €1000 a month. That made no sense at all. The current rate I was earning was 1.2% in savings account.

Made more sense to move to Rabo, stick in the lump sum and get it earning.

zervi2003 wrote:
    Actually, I rang my bank and asked them, and they told me that the online account was the best they had in interest rates, so they mis-informed me, "information".

I am sick of these idiots at banks. I took out all my savings the other day and have put them all in Rabo. Bank Manager wasnt long wanting to talk to me.

From the following link, and your original post
    http://www.aib.ie/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=ROIPersonalPortal/AIBContent_C/pp_article&c=AIBContent_C&cid=1136826208037&channel=P003

it is clear that your first statement is incorrect.

In relation to your second statement, is Rabo not a bank, c/w idiots?

May I suggest to you that you read the homepage of Rabo, presuming of course that you can read (cause you obviously didnt read my post right).

Here Ill give you the link: http://www.rabodirect.ie/

Strange its called "The straight talking online BANK" Hummmm.

I said 5.2% + (indicates more than 5.2)

Go troll somewhere else.

zervi2003 wrote:

OP:
    May I suggest to you that you read the homepage of Rabo, presuming of course that you can read (cause you obviously didnt read my post right).

Why; you are bitching about AIB, or is this more "obviously didnt read my post right"
    Go troll somewhere else.

and miss such stimulating material such as
    I said 5.2% + (indicates more than 5.2)..

No way, since by reading posts such as yours I can improve my english and maths at the same time.

Thank YOU for this excellent educational opportunity.

Advertisement