Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Needed in Kildangan, Co Kildare

• 29-08-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

Need your help, I have moved into a new house in Kildangan County Kildare, Kildangan village is 9km from Kildare town and 5km from Monasterevin. The local Kildangan telephone exchange is not boardband enabled so no chance of getting boardband down the telephone line.

Anyway does anyone now if there is any service, wireless or anything that covers my area as I play alot of online poker and really need access from my house, any help would be so great I have checked online and rang chrous & NTL but no luck.

Also if I can get wireless or satellite connection can you play online poker, I have read that wireless/ satellite is not great for online gaming so I presume that goes for online poker site to??

Anyway any advise would be good at this stage, the thoughts of having to get dialup is killing me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Shamrockkk wrote:
    Also if I can get wireless or satellite connection can you play online poker, I have read that wireless/ satellite is not great for online gaming so I presume that goes for online poker site to??
    "Online Gaming" usually refers to multiplayer "war" games where split second reactions matter, and a half second deay will get you "killed".

I doubt that a half second delay will cause a problem in online poker, but on the other hand, a sudden outage can cost you real money.

According to http://broadband.gov.ie, it looks like you'd be stuck with satellite.

Advertisement