Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency entering the property

Options
  • 29-08-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Two weeks ago I was speaking to our letting agency regarding renewing the lease and letting them know of a couple of things that need fixing. They said fine, they'd get back to me. Nothing was arranged.

However, yesterday my boyfried happended to be in the house, when a lady from the agency (with a handy man) opened the front door and came straight in, had a look around, showed the guy what needed doing and off they went. Her comment when she saw him was 'oh! I didn't think anytbody would be home'.

Now I thought they had to give us 7 days notice or at the very least call us before hand. Is this right? I want to call them but have no idea what to say, I'm livid to say the least!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Calm down first before you do anything.

Its quite rude that they didn`t give you any warning, ring them and ask them to give you notice in future, make sure they have you contact details. Did she acknowledge you were there at all when they came in?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just call them and tell them you were not happy that they entered the property without prior notice and would they stick to the terms of the lease agreement in future (if thats whats mentioned in there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Stinkerbelle

Thanks, called them there, was very civil, she had all the numbers correct, so no excuse and promised to call one of us the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

and that's why God gave us tongues in our mouth...glad it worked out for you

Advertisement