Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Solenoid Valve

Options
  • 29-08-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi There,

After battling to stop my new washing machine from running last night (7 hours!) I have since discovered I need a "low water pressure intake solenoid valve" installed. Anyone know of these things? Can I just buy one and attach it to the machine myself?
    I've got a Beko WMA 510s washing machine.
    I'm at a loss.
    And my clothes are smelly.

Travors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sounds like the solenoid valve that is switched when you switch on & off your machine to wash...is your machine filling up when its off?

If it is, its inside the machine at the back where the water pipes are installed. I had a problem with mine a few yrs back and got around the problem by switching off the 1/4 turn valve on the wall after every wash

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Travors

yup it's filling up with water when it's finished alright.
    I'll check and see if there's one already there.
    Woulda thought the plumber would have seen that!

Advertisement